New Blog

Hey Everyone!

I made a blog! :lol:

I created it mainly for sharing pictures of my various pet insects.

I started it off with the roaches who got me into the roach hobby, HISSERS!

Hope you guys like it, Here's a link for my first post! :)

http://allaboutarthropods.blogspot.com/2016/04/my-hissers.html

Very nice blog, and yes, it's set up right. :) Can't wait to see more posts!

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to posting all about my insects on this blog!

I just checked out your blog and it looks great! I want to start one myself but just never get around to doing it. What is your next post gonna be?

Thanks! :)

I'm not sure, probably about more of my roaches, or maybe about some of my darklings, in any case I'll post again soon though!

I would like to see a post on your Eurycotis lixa

Ok! I'll put together a new post by the end of today about them, they are my favorite roach species so far!

I would like to see a post on your Eurycotis lixa

Here's the Hustler post, hope you enjoy it! :)

http://allaboutinsectsblog.blogspot.com/2016/04/eurycotis-lixa-aka-hustler-roach.html

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 8:31 PM, Roach collector said:

I liked the post! I also never knew that eurycotis lixa were so aggressive.

I didn't know either until I actually observed it myself. Alan said he's noticed this aggressive behavior during feeding time in many species of Parcoblatta, Ishnoptera and Eurycotis floridana. I imagine E.decipiens is like this also.

Awesome, glad to see another hobby blog! :)

Thanks :) , I am really going to enjoy making a lot of posts on there, and am glad to see that my fellow hobbyists enjoy reading them!

Could you make a post on your polyphaga aegyptiaca

I could possibly make one on them by the end of the week, but I'd have to take some new pictures of them and stuff because I only have a couple pictures of the ones that died and I wouldn't want to put pictures of any that I don't actually have anymore.

Could you make a post on your polyphaga aegyptiaca

Here's that post you requested! Hop ya like it! :)

http://allaboutinsectsblog.blogspot.com/2016/04/polyphaga-aegyptiaca-egyptian-sand-roach.html

That was a great post! I love how transparent the babies look but it's a bummer u lost so many. How many G. Portentosa's do you have?

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! :) Yea, when I bough them the seller told me to keep the substrate slightly moist, but I didn't have enough ventilation to let the moisture out and was keeping the substrate too moist, but it's great that the problem got fixed before all of them died, so I'm thankful for that. I only have 1 adult male Madagascar hisser.