Egyptian Desert Roach's (need breeding help)

my Egyptian desert roaches are breeding i think, they seem to be dropping a few oothes on the floor. is this normal? is this how they give birth? or are these abortions? how exactly small are the new born nymphs? will i know when they've hatched? its a rather large tank. please help!

Yup, dropping ooths is normal for these guys. Nymphs will be pretty small and it'll take at least a couple months for them to hatch. I don't actually keep this species, but I have others from the same family and it always takes a while.

Yes these guys lay eggcases, and drop them wherever. It takes a LONG time for the ootheca to hatch, it's been about 5 months since mine started laying ootheca and they have yet to hatch.

Do all of you keep this species substrate very dry? If so, what do you feed them for water? They just let the apple rot. I had a bunch of babies and then got the substrate a bit moist and now I think all the babies are dead. Any husbandry help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I keep soak one corner roughly once a week, and let it dry out in between waterings. The rest of the substrate is kept bone dry. Hope this helps!

P.S: Pretty much all I feed them is dead leaves and dog food, I have not given them fruits or carrots in a long while.

I keep soak one corner roughly once a week, and let it dry out in between waterings. The rest of the substrate is kept bone dry. Hope this helps!

P.S: Pretty much all I feed them is dead leaves and dog food, I have not given them fruits or carrots in a long while.

OK. Thanks! This is what I do but then got the entire substrate ever so moist and then that is what I think killed the nymphs. Thanks for the help.

I am also keeping mine dry with a moist corner. I was keeping the substrate moist when I had 8 nymphs, but 6 died from the moisture and since I've dried out the substrate the last 2 have been perfectly healthy.

OK. Thanks! This is what I do but then got the entire substrate ever so moist and then that is what I think killed the nymphs. Thanks for the help.

No problem, I hope your next set of nymphs stay healthy! :)