Egyptian Desert Roaches (Polyphaga aegyptiaca)

I mist one corner of the enclosure then wait till it dries out to do it again. I keep them on about an inch of coconut fiber with dried oak leaves on top. Feed them dog food.

I have mine in a small plastic container with lots of ventilation holes on the lid, I keep their substrate dry and I mist one corner of the substrate.

Do you keep their enclosure very dry? How deep is your substrate? What do you feed them? Thanks!

the substrate is around 3-4 inches deep. i keep the soil very dry, mostly due to the fact i i like in England, so i keep them in a cupboard at room temperature along with a heat mat, so its probably around 35 degrees(Just a guess) and i feed them a small amount of carrot, but they mostly eat dry leaves and the substrate itself, which is full of plant fibre.

the substrate is around 3-4 inches deep. i keep the soil very dry, mostly due to the fact i i like in England, so i keep them in a cupboard at room temperature along with a heat mat, so its probably around 35 degrees(Just a guess) and i feed them a small amount of carrot, but they mostly eat dry leaves and the substrate itself, which is full of plant fibre.

Thanks! It is good to know that you keep them at 35 C (95 F). I was unsure if I could increase the temp on this species. :)

• 2 weeks later...