Feeding question

entity

So i have a very noob question guys. When feeding my hissers i only feed once a week and only leave the food in there for like a day or 2? is this right?

Thanks. :)

So i have a very noob question guys. When feeding my hissers i only feed once a week and only leave the food in there for like a day or 2? is this right?

I feed my roaches every other day, and take out the old food and replace it with new food. With hissers since they are kept dry, you can give them a bunch of food and leave it in there for a week or so. If your enclosure is dry enough mold and mites should not be too much of a problem. The hissers should never be without food, as that may result in cannibalism.

I usually feed every 3 days, and on day 2 remove any uneaten fruits and vegetables as they start to stink. on feeding day I'll remove any uneaten dry food, but it could easily be left in for a week, since there isn't much humidity.

My husband and I raise your standard everyday feeder hisser as well as oops hisser. Both are fed a soy based protein chicken feed that is held in a container separate from their water source. Fresh veggies or fruit are offered several times a week and anything not eaten after 24 to 48 hours if removed. Since the hisser colony is has a large number of growing nymphs the feed and veggies goes fast.

Edited by dcfarms

My husband and I raise your standard everyday feeder hisser as well as oops hisser. Both are fed a soy based protein chicken feed that is held in a container separate from their water source. Fresh veggies or fruit are offered several times a week and anything not eaten after 24 to 48 hours if removed. Since the hisser colony is has a large number of growing nymphs the feed and veggies goes fast.

Ah, so the forum is changing the word "Hallo-ween" into oops for you too! Don't know why it does that, it's pretty annoying.

Elliptorhina javanica....for some reason when I use the word "hallow**n" is changes to "oops"

Yup happens to me too, I thought it was my kindle's autocorrect at first but nope, it's the forum.

Yup happens to me too, I thought it was my kindle's autocorrect at first but nope, it's the forum.

It's Orin, he only wants you to only use the ACS approved common names, E. javanica is Javan hisser! :D

For me I pick foods based on how busy I will be. If im gonna be busy I use carrot apple or celery since they normally dry up before they mold. If its going to be a slow week I use greens melons or oranges which mold faster. I do a quick glance every day though just cause its nice to see them. If im going out of town I only do carrots cause they never mold. Except for that one time I put carrots in the freezer then they mold so dont put carrots in the freezer.