"Princisia vanwaerebeki big"

This is a larger morph of Princisia vanwaerbeki, which is a very attractive "species" of hisser. Got these from @Uncommonroachboy. Here are some pictures of a nymph:

P.van%25231.JPG

P.van%25235.JPG

P.van%25233.JPG

They supposedly look the same as normal P.vanwaerbeki, they are just a bit bigger. I am very interested to see them mature as well!

So are these hybrids, or just from line of larger individuals?

These are supposed to be "pure", but who knows if there are any pure hissers left in the hobby. They could all be portentosa for all we know.

• 4 weeks later...

I had these, it's just selective breeding but they are pure.

Ah, good, thanks for confirming that! :)

• 3 months later...

Ah well, turns out both are males. Still, I'm not sure I want to breed them anyway, as I would have to upgrade them to a bigger tub size once they started reproducing, which I really don't have room for, and seeing as I'm allergic to hissers, it wouldn't be a good idea to set up another big colony of them.

So I'll just be keeping these two males as pets, kinda like how I kept hisser males in the past, when I first started this hobby! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, looks like this stock is a hybrid stock, as one of my nymphs matured into a beautiful male that looks almost nothing like males from pure 'Princisia' vanwaerebeki stocks. He's still pretty nice looking, but not what I was expecting. :(

Here he is:

P.vanw%25231.JPG

P.vanw%25232.JPG

P.vanw%25234.JPG

P.vanw%25237.JPG

If you tossed that into one of those feeder colonies of portentosa/ oblongata hybrids you'd never be able find it again...

Exactly. <_< I may actually try breeding him with my (probably) hybrid Gromphadorhina, the males in that colony are tiny but the females are huge, so mating him with one of my largest females could create a strain with large individuals of both sexes. :)

Turns out this is a Gromphadorhina hybrid, due to a little mix up he accidentally sent me two of these instead of the Princisia pair I was supposed to receive! :P