Arenivaga sp. "genitalis"

• 2 months later...
28 minutes ago, charzard said:

Awesome! This species is gorgeous. Very cool. 

Thanks, they are pretty good looking sand roaches! :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2017 at 9:38 PM, Hisserdude said:

Thanks, they are pretty good looking sand roaches! :)

Nice animals!!

Congratulations!!  How many babies do you estimate that you wound up with from the first hatching?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dactylus said:

Nice animals!!

Congratulations!!  How many babies do you estimate that you wound up with from the first hatching?

Thanks! No idea, they were very tiny and I never did a thorough check of the enclosure, so I really don't know how much I got from that first hatch.

• 3 years later...
21 hours ago, Boaz Solorio said:

This is a great thread, I love the way these look. I'm keeping a species that may also be A. genitalis, but does not quite resemble these specimens. The females more so than the male. I'm caring for them rather similarly, bone dry but pouring water into it occasionally until it dries out. 

'tis me, Invertebrate Dude lol! 😂 Yeah IDK if yours are genitalis or not, most AZ Arenivaga look pretty similar... This stock was one of the more finicky Arenivaga spp. I kept, they seemed to be a bit cannibalistic and had a definite preference for a vertical humidity gradient.