Dog Food and Fish Flakes?

entity

So i was just reading a care sheet for roaches. It said that dog food and fish flakes ( I use both ) probably do more harm than good for your bugs and the things u feed them to.

I have only been keeping for a short time. What do u guys think?

My main diet for my roaches is dog food, and my colonies are all doing well on that diet, as well as many other people's colonies.

I think it depends on spieces hissers dont need that much protein but my orange head and lateralis like protien my peppers get one dog buicket a week. I think I read about high protien diets producing high uriecic acid concentrations in inverts. Specifically dubia and crickets. I think oats are a good option as they have protien but not as high as soy and meat meal in dog food. So I do protien for fast breeders but slower ones get more diverse grains.

OK thats what i thought too guys. was just getting some opinions. It didnt say exactly what it did to them, just said does more harm than good.

It could be a good idea to try looking up a good cricket feed recipe then going to a feed store to get ingredients on the cheap. I was lucky and worked on a cricket farm and ended up with a barrel of it.