Rat food as dry food alternative

lovebugfarm

So in my setups with substrate that are moist/humid I have had issues with dry food molding after afew days. I mostly did cricket food in containers or dog biskets rarely dog food cause im biased and dont like it. I didnt really like them cause of mold well yesturday I said what the hell lets see if rat block works. Well today all the blocks are half eaten so it seems they like it. And may eat if fast enough it wont get a chance to mold. :) I use mazuri rat block one of thier breeder formulas. So if I dont see die offs then I might use it for all of my cultures. I dont think its organic so still concerned about pesticides but its so processed I feel like it should be really clean. Does any one else think this is a safe diet?

• 2 weeks later...

If its safe and meant for pet rats i dont see why it would be too bad for ur roaches. I mean i don t see the difference feeding that or dog food or fish food like most of us do.

I have not really had a lot of problems with mold with dog food. When i feed i usually mist the enclosure before i set the food back in.