Panchlora sp. "White"!

Got a female and two males from Gil Wizen, and boy are they beautiful! Unfortunately I was too excited to take any good pictures, my hands were shaking too much lol! :D

Here are some shoddy pictures of them, I'll try to get better ones soon!

Female (She's a bit more ivory colored than the males)

Panchlora%25231.JPG

Panchlora%25232.JPG

Male

Panchlora%25233.JPG

Panchlora%25235.JPG

• Like 3

Wow, so jealous! Hope they breed well for you!

Thanks, I hope so too! :D Hopefully it shouldn't take too long to see babies, seeing as they are already adults.

Once they start breeding for you will you sell them? If you did I'm sure everyone would want some :)

Yeah, probably. If I find myself with some extra I'd definitely put some up for sale/trade. :)

I'd probably sell my soul for those if you decide to offer them in the future. LOL!

I'll be sure to let you know if I ever have any available. :D

Wow! (Picks chin off floor, mops up drool). :D

Haha, yeah, they are stunning, will try to get better pics today if I can!

I prefer to wait till they are a little cheaper. Would love some now though.

Lol, I'll definitely let you know when I have any available! Hope my female starts giving birth soon!

Here are some better pictures of these guys! In case anyone was wondering, the males are about two CM long, and the female is almost three.

Males

Panchlora%25237.JPG

Panchlora%25239.JPG

Panchlora%252310.JPG

Panchlora%252316.JPG

Panchlora%252318.JPG

Female

Panchlora%252312.JPG

Panchlora%252313.JPG

Panchlora%252314.JPG

Awesome! :) I really love the transparent sides of the pronotum and wings! By the way, what forum is the seller you bought them from on, I've never heard of him before?

Awesome! :) I really love the transparent sides of the pronotum and wings! By the way, what forum is the seller you bought them from on, I've never heard of him before?

Yeah, I love the clear pronotum sides as well! He's on here, he even has a thread with pictures of these on this forum. His username is Wizentrop, and he's also on Arachnoboards and beetle forum. :)

Absolutely gorgeous roaches. :wub: Love the transparency and the subtle markings on the pronotum.

Yeah, I'm particularly found of the black specks and lines on the wings, really love the transparent sides on these as well! :D

Panchlora never fails to impress! Green, blue, and now white! If we can get some more Panchlora species into the hobby, it may very well become a popular (And expensive!) genus!

I know, such a wide variety of bright colors in a genus! :) Hopefully more species will find their way into the hobby!

• 3 weeks later...

More pictures of the males just because! :D

Panchlora%252320.JPG

Panchlora%252322.JPG

Panchlora%252323.JPG

Panchlora%252324.JPG

These are by far one of my favorite species in my collection, so pretty! I wish they were a species you could handle easily.

Any signs of babies coming yet? ;)

No, not yet. I've been offering them lots of fruit, it's just a matter of time before my female pops! :)

Are these diurnal or nocturnal?

They are nocturnal. However if you nudge them during the day they will run/fly away, so you got still got to be careful in the day when doing maintenance.

• 1 month later...

Well my original female died a little while back due to unknown causes, she never gave birth before she died. :( Luckily I was able to buy two more females, and they arrived yesterday, along with a free male. :) Hopefully these new females will do better and reproduce for me, I really want to be successful in breeding this beautiful species!

Here are some pictures of one of the new females:

Panchlora%25233.JPG

Panchlora%25231.JPG

Panchlora%25232.JPG

Hope they produce tons of babies for you! If not, you can always send them to Kyle :P

Thanks, me too! :D If they haven't bred for me in a few months I may end up sending them to him, though I believe the only reason I didn't get offspring from my last female was because she was sick or something, she definitely didn't die of old age. These two should be healthy, so as long as I feed them fruit often and keep them moist I should get offspring from them soon! :)

BTW, do you keep rotting logs in with your Panchlora? I've heard they do better with a rotting log in their cage but I don't have access to rotten logs, just little chunks of rotten wood I collected a few years ago. I mixed some into the substrate, not a whole lot though, hoping a log is not a necessity.