Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matttoadman

Feed for high humidity

8 posts in this topic

I have having issues with my pantanals. Now that I have 80ish adults and dozens of babies of various sizes, flake food is no longer an option. Everything molds before they seem to eat it. Dog food, Guinea pig pellets, shrimp pellets ignored. Am I feeding to often? I was placing fresh food every two days. Should I skip a few days to make hungry?

Feed them less food, only give them as much as they will eat in two days. Gradually start feeding them less and less food with each feeding until they start eating all the food you place in there.

You'd a thought I would have know this. It's the same with my pigeons. Feed them too much and they waste it

Foooood

post-9282-0-75865900-1467417686_thumb.jpeg

I feed all of the genus once a week. They attack the food! And they reproduce like crazy. :)

Moist dog food treats like Moist and Meaty Purina often last weeks longer than dry dog food before molding.

During the heat of summer when my roach room heater is off, I increase ventilation and feed whole organic carrots and oats primarily. I put in fresh carrots twice a week, remove uneaten carrot pieces and have no mold issues. Growth rates and reproduction levels seem unaffected by the abbreviated diet.

I reduced the feed and the results have been great. And not to mention there are hundreds of babies now. Now my problem is they appear to be eating the tarsi off some of the males.