Feed for high humidity

Matttoadman

I have having issues with my pantanals. Now that I have 80ish adults and dozens of babies of various sizes, flake food is no longer an option. Everything molds before they seem to eat it. Dog food, Guinea pig pellets, shrimp pellets ignored. Am I feeding to often? I was placing fresh food every two days. Should I skip a few days to make hungry?

Feed them less food, only give them as much as they will eat in two days. Gradually start feeding them less and less food with each feeding until they start eating all the food you place in there.

• 4 weeks later...

During the heat of summer when my roach room heater is off, I increase ventilation and feed whole organic carrots and oats primarily. I put in fresh carrots twice a week, remove uneaten carrot pieces and have no mold issues. Growth rates and reproduction levels seem unaffected by the abbreviated diet.

I reduced the feed and the results have been great. And not to mention there are hundreds of babies now. Now my problem is they appear to be eating the tarsi off some of the males.