Panchlora sp. (Giant) and orange rinds?

Axolotl

I remember reading somewhere that you should remove the rinds of oranges before feeding them to Panchlora, but I can't find any info on the reasoning behind that. Are the rinds somehow harmful to them?

I think I've fed mine just the rinds of oranges I ate. They clean everything off of them, but I don't think they eat the rinds.

Its the same for apples actually, they eat everything but a tiny thin translucent layer of skin. I didn't know what it was at first.

If there's pesticide residue, it'll be on the rind.

I would say this is the best guess for any roaches dying due to orange rinds. I have fed orange slices for Hissers, Orange Heads , and Dubias with no ill effects. That being said, all produce purchased in the stores has the potential to have pesticide residue.

CHEERS!

Nick Barta

I feed basically everything I have sliced oranges with the rind. I don't know how toxic it is but the roaches eat around the rind. Luckily I haven't had any deaths due to pesticides to my knowledge but I do wash all my fruit. My Panchlora nivea (not giant)didn't seem to care for orange as much as other species, but they're not heavy feeders anyhow.

Pretty sure the rind is inedible, don't think the roaches will try to eat it but if they did it probably wouldn't be good for them.