Parcoblatta notha

Nice find, though sad that you only found a couple at different ages. Perhaps try keeping the larger nymph cool and keep the small one really warm, then you can try and sync them up, though they may be the same sex anyway.

Nice find, though sad that you only found a couple at different ages. Perhaps try keeping the larger nymph cool and keep the small one really warm, then you can try and sync them up, though they may be the same sex anyway.

Ya, I plan on cooling down the presub male so the smaller nymph can catch up with him. Hopefully they'll turn out to be a pair!

Ya, I plan on cooling down the presub male so the smaller nymph can catch up with him. Hopefully they'll turn out to be a pair!

Well keep us updated, would be awesome if they were a pair! :)

I got super lucky with these guys. My male was presub when I caught it and the female was 3 molts behind from catching up with the male so I kept my male cool to slow down his metabolism. When I though my female had caught up with the male my male molted into sub and my female molted into an adult. lol 

Luckily the male caught up fairly quickly and 3 days after it molted to adult it paired up with my female!

Now I have around 30 little nymphs running in the enclosure (even though I sent out around 20 to my friends) and my female is still kicking so I expect to get more nymphs soon. 

19274894_1641008109294631_49682234531817

19224754_1641008342627941_36927821447600

20245564_1684613634934078_54008318398803

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Cariblatta lutea said:

I got super lucky with these guys. My male was presub when I caught it and the female was 3 molts behind from catching up with the male so I kept my male cool to slow down his metabolism. When I though my female had caught up with the male my male molted into sub and my female molted into an adult. lol 

Luckily the male caught up fairly quickly and 3 days after it molted to adult it paired up with my female!

Now I have around 30 little nymphs running in the enclosure (even though I sent out around 20 to my friends) and my female is still kicking so I expect to get more nymphs soon.

Wow, you got quite a few offspring from them, congrats! :D Now these beauties will finally be established in culture!

10 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

Wow, you got quite a few offspring from them, congrats! :D Now these beauties will finally be established in culture!

Yep :) and it seems that these are easy to raise and breed so I'm sure they'll become common in the hobby!

2 hours ago, dactylus said:

Congrats on the success of your breeding endeavor!!

Thank you :)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...