Hemithyrsocera histrio

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure how I missed this thread before! Congrats on all the nymphs! I'll leave the value, etc., talk for another thread another day ;) Though I will say that while some of Kyle's prices are on the steep side, I still think they're quite reasonable considering all he has to offer. He's the real one-stop-shop for all things roach related :) But enough of that, really looking forward to this species being more readily available in the hobby!

Not sure how I missed this thread before! Congrats on all the nymphs! I'll leave the value, etc., talk for another thread another day ;) Though I will say that while some of Kyle's prices are on the steep side, I still think they're quite reasonable considering all he has to offer. He's the real one-stop-shop for all things roach related :) But enough of that, really looking forward to this species being more readily available in the hobby!

I agree, most of his prices are quite reasonable, and he has made quite a few species that were "for trade only" in the hobby available for money, which I really appreciate! :)

I know, can't wait until these are more available in the hobby! :) Any updates with these beauties UncommonRoachBoy?

Theyre doing well. Have to keep themin a seperate room as they appreciate cooler temps. Nothing has matured and one sub adult passed molting. Sorry ive been gone for so long everyone. I work full time and have college so its hard

Glad to hear it! Didn't realize they liked cooler temps, which is interesting for a roach. And no worries, that's the boat I've been in so I know how you feel.

By cooler temps I mean about 75, 'y room sits at 85 because I keep a sav monitor and lots of hissers. They cohabitat well with springtails because they are not voracious eaters, imo a cleaner crew is definitely needed as well as lots of leaf litter. They spend most of the day hidden but will come out and sit for quite awhile which is when I photograph. Absolutely tiny nymphs. I also have P. Augustipennis but im kinda keeping those under wraps

Theyre doing well. Have to keep themin a seperate room as they appreciate cooler temps. Nothing has matured and one sub adult passed molting. Sorry ive been gone for so long everyone. I work full time and have college so its hard

Nice, glad they are doing well for you! Yeah I've heard they can be a bit sensitive to overheating, probably best to just keep them at room temps. Hope you see some adults soon! :)

Totally understand man, life can get in the way of things sometimes, hope things get easier for you soon!

I also have P. Augustipennis but im kinda keeping those under wraps

Well announcing it publicly is kinda the opposite of keeping them under wraps lmao! :lol:

By under wraps i mean no pics until I see nymphs lol

Oh OK, lol. Hope you are successful with them. :) BTW, are they sensitive to high temps? I always just assumed they were since both M.rhinoceros and the similar wood feeding Cryptocercus were, but have found no info on the subject when it comes to Panesthia.

By cooler temps I mean about 75, 'y room sits at 85 because I keep a sav monitor and lots of hissers. They cohabitat well with springtails because they are not voracious eaters, imo a cleaner crew is definitely needed as well as lots of leaf litter. They spend most of the day hidden but will come out and sit for quite awhile which is when I photograph. Absolutely tiny nymphs. I also have P. Augustipennis but im kinda keeping those under wraps

Ah ok, I wasn't sure if we were looking at something like one of the newer tarantulas in the US hobby which appreciates ~70F or something around room temp. Not being voracious eaters could explain the slowish growth though. And glad to hear about the P. angustipennis as well! Looking forward to the pics later!

Panesthia do like cooler temps, all the way down to 68 for me and still active. Extremely damp sub and wood imo. They do appreciate a dry area and about 80 on occasion

Interesting, good to know! Thanks for the info man! :)

• 2 weeks later...