Venezillo arizonicus

Cariblatta lutea

18 hours ago, All About Insects said:

Is that usual for these guys, or are they just really hard to breed?

Honestly I'm not sure. Everyone i've spoke to who had experience with this species told me that their adults produced extremely small number of offsprings so it might be normal, but this could also an indication that we aren't providing right condition for breeding.

18 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

Well at least the adults are still alive, hopefully you'll get more offspring soon!

• Like 1

Do you know if the adults live longer due to living in a desert ecosystem? That could also explain the smaller broods. There may also be certain environmental cues they need to reproduce, but I'm hoping it's way simpler then that lol. 

42 minutes ago, pannaking22 said:

Do you know if the adults live longer due to living in a desert ecosystem? That could also explain the smaller broods. There may also be certain environmental cues they need to reproduce, but I'm hoping it's way simpler than that lol. 

Unfortunately I have no idea. Nothing much is known about the biology of this species :(

On 1/5/2017 at 9:07 PM, Cariblatta lutea said:

Unfortunately I have no idea. Nothing much is known about the biology of this species :(

Not all that surprising that the biology is unknown, but still a bummer :( Looks like you'll be extending our knowledge of this species then!