Homalocoris sp.

Nice we have some similar ones locally they call them "kissing bugs" lol i have tried keeping them but never gotten them to eat. Also they are known to carry chaga virus...which is bad. Not sure if its just that spieces or if pinwheel bugs have it to.

Awesome, I hope these breed for you, always nice to get more native assassins into the hobby :)

Thanks. I hope so too since this is my fav. native bark assassin!

Nice we have some similar ones locally they call them "kissing bugs" lol i have tried keeping them but never gotten them to eat. Also they are known to carry chaga virus...which is bad. Not sure if its just that spieces or if pinwheel bugs have it to.

That's probably one of Triatoma species, which belongs to different SUBFAMILY (PLEASE NOTE THAT KISSING BUGS HAVE THEIR OWN SUBFAMILY! ONLY THESE ACT AS VECTORS FOR CHAGAS DISEASE). Unlike the bark assassin pictured here, they only feed on blood (usually of mammals, but some will feed on reptiles too), and act as a vector for chagas disease (it's actually caused by a protozoan, not by virus). I'd be really cautious with keeping those cause I was told that the trypanosome in the dried feces of infected Triatoma can get carried in the particles of these feces and end up infecting people through inhalation of the broken up feces or through ingestion. So take extra caution when keeping this species.

• 3 weeks later...