Eurycotis improcera

1 minute ago, Cariblatta lutea said:

Well....there's Eurycotis sp. "Venezuela" and E. decipiens in EU too!

I gotta dig for them then, few sellers i saw only had floridana. And that's awesome news!

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Cariblatta lutea said:

Thanks :) Haven't witnessed any mating yet but the female has gotten plump so I'm expecting some ooths soon! 

Awesome, keep us updated! :)

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, histrio said:

hi,
it seems that we have breeding problem with this sp in Europe...

Could you give me please the conditions you used with ? ( substrat, T°, humidity....)   thx.

Wow, didn't know these have made it to Europe now! 

I keep mine on moist eco earth with few pieces of egg flats and give them dog food and fruit. It's very humid in the enclosure (probably around 70% humidity). Temp stays around 75F atm. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, histrio said:

hi,
it seems that we have breeding problem with this sp in Europe...

Could you give me please the conditions you used with ? ( substrat, T°, humidity....)   thx.

Are you confusing this species with E.opaca? Because these guys are different than those, and are a much newer addition to the hobby, I doubt they've made their way to Europe yet lol!

4 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

Vous confondez cette espèce avec E.opaca? Parce que ces gars-là sont différents de ceux, et sont une addition beaucoup plus récente au passe-temps, je doute qu'ils ont encore fait leur chemin vers l'Europe lol!

I'm tired , effectively ;-) i'm looking for informations about opaca 2 ...

TJ, we have in europe some south america spp that aren't in breeding in US....one other Eurycotis is in this list ;-)   named here Eurycotis cf. pluto "Puerto Lindo" 
I'll have them in breeding this week...

thx for the answer...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, histrio said:

I'm tired , effectively ;-) i'm looking for informations about opaca 2 ...

TJ, we have in europe some south america spp that aren't in breeding in US....one other Eurycotis is in this list ;-)   named here Eurycotis cf. pluto "Puerto Lindo" 
I'll have them in breeding this week...

thx for the answer...

Yeah, that's what I thought lol! :lol:

Yes I know about the Eurycotis cf. pluto, beautiful species, congratulations on acquiring some! Really hope they'll make it over to the US one day, they are like giant E.lixa! :D Europe also has Eurycotis sp. "Venezuela", which were once in US culture, but I think have died out here. 

On 02/11/2016 at 3:26 PM, Marijan2 said:

Je dois creuser pour eux, puis, quelques vendeurs i vus avaient seulement floridana. Et voilà nouvelles génial!

they are very easy to find in Europe .....  look to Jôrg's website, deutschland.

http://www.schaben-spinnen.de

decipiens, venezuela , opaca 1....just opaca 2 not available at this moment.....