Lamproblatta albipalpus

Cool, saw that Roachcrossing had these for sale a while back, been wanting to see some pics of them. Are they as territorial as E.lixa is?

I bought them as soon as Kyle was selling them. LOL (and I don't regret spending $100 on 12 small nymphs!)

From my experience they aren't territorial. In fact I see them cuddling together all the time!

Cool, glad they aren't that territorial! Really hope all your ootheca hatch out for you! :)

Thanks :) I really hope so too since I'm apparently the only one with this species now :(

Yikes, Kyle lost his culture? Good thing you were able to buy some lol!

Ya :( Thank god I still have 3 females and 1 male. lol

Well that's a great sex ratio, hopefully the ootheca start hatching soon!

• 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, Cariblatta lutea said:

I got 3 ooths from them, which never hatched for some reason. I sent the remaining adults I had to Kyle so he can continue with the project.

Is it possible for them to be viable still, or would they have hatched by now if they were fertile? I hope Kyle is able to breed them successfully, I'm really hoping this species gets established in culture!

12 minutes ago, Hisserdude said:

Is it possible for them to be viable still, or would they have hatched by now if they were fertile? I hope Kyle is able to breed them successfully, I'm really hoping this species gets established in culture!

Kyle told me they should've hatched by now. One of them got covered with mites so I guess he is right about that :(

18 minutes ago, Cariblatta lutea said:

Kyle told me they should've hatched by now. One of them got covered with mites so I guess he is right about that :(

Aww, that's a shame, sorry to hear that. :(