Should I get lobster?

Jesus

It depends what you're feeding but it's always nice to have an extra colony.

Bearded dragons, pacman frogs, tarantula's, scorpions, centipedes

I need more pets because dubia are breeding like crazy I dunno what am I gonna do with many dubias selling ain't easy

also read you need to use vaseline for lobsters? because they can climb any surface, that would suck it gets messy

• Like 2

My two favorite feeders are red runners and orange heads. I have lobsters now but the one time ive opened the bin for half a second like 6 got out. I think they would be good in the fast breeding/growing catagory but they are hard to sell and fast so if you have to many feeders already they might not be a good option. I wish there were more roaches like red runners those guys rock.

I got 15 I was gonna get half females and half males but the guy told me I needed more females than males so I told him 10 females and 5 males

they run fast and they are hard to sex so I dunno if he ripped me off or not, he did took his time choosing them but then got himself annoyed because some escaped since he did not have a petrolium jelly barrier

noticed 4 of them do not have wings the rest have wings each roach was $.15 cents, could've gotten more but I haven't gotten the permanent sterelite bin to put em in, had to use a plastic pet carrier for the time being while I get the container

My two favorite feeders are red runners and orange heads. I have lobsters now but the one time ive opened the bin for half a second like 6 got out. I think they would be good in the fast breeding/growing catagory but they are hard to sell and fast so if you have to many feeders already they might not be a good option. I wish there were more roaches like red runners those guys rock.

temperatures here haven't dropped low seems they only reproduce when It's hot specially summer my baby hissers were escaping during summer cause the petrolium jelly melt but since you got red runners I have 2 questions how do you capture/separate them when you need feeders? those things run super fast

2nd would they infest me? awhile ago I was cleaning a cage and found 3 of them chilling under the cage obviously I had to kill them otherwise they would've escaped and 3 days ago I saw something dark moving fast behind another cage couldn't tell what it was

I swear by gasket bins for climbers its a must and no petrolium. Red runners are fast but cant climb so i knock them into a smaller bin then pour them into a jar with holes in the lid the size of the feeder i need normally tiny. Then i turn the jar over into a container and let them fall out of the holes. Its a lil complicated but think of it like a giant salt shaker..but for roaches. Very lil chance of infesting as long as your bins have very smooth sides.

• Like 1

I swear by gasket bins for climbers its a must and no petrolium. Red runners are fast but cant climb so i knock them into a smaller bin then pour them into a jar with holes in the lid the size of the feeder i need normally tiny. Then i turn the jar over into a container and let them fall out of the holes. Its a lil complicated but think of it like a giant salt shaker..but for roaches. Very lil chance of infesting as long as your bins have very smooth sides.

can you please make a video tutorial? It's ok if it takes you awhile to make it I'll wait

seen tutorials about dubias but not about red runners

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Jesus said:

I was talking about Red Runners Lol

Oops, sorry, didn't notcie the topic switched to red runners lol! Yeah the males have long, light brown wings, whereas the females have tiny, vestigial tegmina. 

1 minute ago, Hisserdude said:

Oops, sorry, didn't notcie the topic switched to red runners lol! Yeah the males have long, light brown wings, whereas the females have tiny, vestigial tegmina. 

No worries!

I'm having problems sexting lobster roaches though :( I hope I get to see babies soon only got 14 because budget is tight

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

No worries!

I'm having problems sexting lobster roaches though :( I hope I get to see babies soon only got 14 because budget is tight

Out of 14 roaches you are bound to have individuals of both sexes, hopefully you get some babies from them soon! :)

9 hours ago, Jesus said:

No worries!

I'm sure you got both genders in there and if you have lobsters and something edible you'll get nymphs in no time! What temp do you have them at?

• Like 1

I gave them dog food because if I give them fruit/veggies they are not gonna eat it cause they are so small and just 14

I'm using a critter keeper with egg carton for the time being, was gonna move them to a 40 gallon bin but not sure if I should wait for babies first

once I move them to the 40 gallon bin I'd have to put a vaseline barrier as well right now they don't have vaseline rarely they get at the top

temperature I have no clue exactly but outside it's hot during the day (like 73) and colder at night (like 60) obviously it's gonna get colder in December

33 minutes ago, Jesus said:

I gave them dog food because if I give them fruit/veggies they are not gonna eat it cause they are so small and just 14

I'm using a critter keeper with egg carton for the time being, was gonna move them to a 40 gallon bin but not sure if I should wait for babies first

once I move them to the 40 gallon bin I'd have to put a vaseline barrier as well right now they don't have vaseline rarely they get at the top

temperature I have no clue exactly but outside it's hot during the day (like 73) and colder at night (like 60) obviously it's gonna get colder in December

Just half a carrot should be enough for them. You may still want to put vaseline in the critter keeper since they're still fairly good at climbing. That's a little cool at night, but you won't have to worry about the temps as much until they're adults. 

38 minutes ago, pannaking22 said:

Just half a carrot should be enough for them. You may still want to put vaseline in the critter keeper since they're still fairly good at climbing. That's a little cool at night, but you won't have to worry about the temps as much until they're adults. 

They are adults at least 12 of them have wings I counted them, they were 14 and 12 with wings, regardless they are still little in size compared to dubia/hissers

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

They are adults at least 12 of them have wings I counted them, they were 14 and 12 with wings, regardless they are still little in size compared to dubia/hissers

Ah I'm sorry, I must have missed that earlier! I don't think they'll be giving birth at those temps, but it might get warm enough during the day that they do. Once they really get going you'll want to move them to that 40 gallon you had talked about because you'll have an explosion of nymphs pretty quickly. 

I didn't much care for the lobsters. Too many escapees with petro jelly. I found one outside last week on my block foundation. My colony has been gone for several months too. The best way I found to feed from them was to put paper towel tubes in the bin. Whoever was in the tube got fed. 

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

If they are adults they'll need fruit, they won't reproduce otherwise, same goes for pretty much all live bearers.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, pannaking22 said:

Ah I'm sorry, I must have missed that earlier! I don't think they'll be giving birth at those temps, but it might get warm enough during the day that they do. Once they really get going you'll want to move them to that 40 gallon you had talked about because you'll have an explosion of nymphs pretty quickly. 

I moved them now to the 40 gallon bin because I'm gonna get 20 more this weekend :D if I let them bred in the critter container babies could have escaped most likely

the bin has the vaseline barrier and it's where I kept my main dubia colony, I put my dubia in a bigger 45 gallon container also I gave them carrots besides the dog food

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

I moved them now to the 40 gallon bin because I'm gonna get 20 more this weekend :D if I let them bred in the critter container babies could have escaped most likely

the bin has the vaseline barrier and it's where I kept my main dubia colony, I put my dubia in a bigger 45 gallon container also I gave them carrots besides the dog food

Awesome, glad you're getting more! Keep an eye on the vaseline layer because I'm pretty sure these guys eat it over time. 

• Like 1