Some Nice Finds

Hello guys! :)

I have a new blog post to share on the new inverts I found on my second trip to the invert-filled nature preserve that I found my P.pennslvanica and M.contracta at!

https://allaboutarthropods.blogspot.com/2016/10/some-nice-finds.html

Hope you guys enjoyed!

Huh, so that's what those larvae turn into. I always see them and know they're tenebrionids of some sort, but I never managed to figure it out. Thanks for sharing and glad you had some good collecting!

Nice, glad you collected more of the M.contracta, hope they do well for you! :)

Huh, so that's what those larvae turn into. I always see them and know they're tenebrionids of some sort, but I never managed to figure it out. Thanks for sharing and glad you had some good collecting!

You should collect some and try breeding them, they are definitely one of the coolest Tenebrionids in the eastern US! They just don't have the highest pupal survival rate according to The Ultimate Guide to Breeding Beetles.

You should definitely try to collect some and raise them, they're very neat darklings

No problem, it's my pleasure and thanks!

Nice, glad you collected more of the M.contracta, hope they do well for you! :)

You should collect some and try breeding them, they are definitely one of the coolest Tenebrionids in the eastern US! They just don't have the highest pupal survival rate according to The Ultimate Guide to Breeding Beetles.

Thanks!