Pepper roach mystery deaths

lovebugfarm

14 minutes ago, lovebugfarm said:

Hmm could it be space? I know some of the larger spieces stress each other out. I may put them in a bigger bin.

That is a big possibility, I suspect they struggle with stress just like B.giganteus. About how many individuals do you have and how large is the container?

5 minutes ago, lovebugfarm said:

It's an 18 gallon bin with prolly 20 to 30 adults which is probably to many.

Yea, definitely too many for that size enclosure. An enclosure suitable for that many adults would likely be one that's at least 35 or so gallons.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggestions they have been in their new home for a week and I just had anouther mature and die. The nymphs are fine growing well but as soon as they reach adulthood perish. Some are making it but I want them all to. Could it be heat? They are currently unheated.

• 1 month later...

Still struggling with these guys. Thier bin is now 3ft by 2ft with like at least 5 to 7 inches of oak leaves and corkbark heat mat on one side it's a dark bin so no light stress. Carrot and Apple as veggies and dog food/ biscuit. Its pretty moist but trying to dry it out some. I'm still loseing adults some maybe old age but quite a few are dyeing right after they mature like before they have hardened. There's no pests like mites or phorid flys. I'm at a loss. I'm going to pull all adults and check the gender ratio and make sure it's around 1 male to 3 females. Will report their current ratio. Any help is great and maybe links to their care humidity and temps wise.