Commercial Roach Chows

Axolotl

Hey all. I currently make my own roach chow, but things are getting busy here with my business and the holidays so I'm looking for a reasonably priced commercial roach chow to fill in until I have time to DIY. Can anyone recommend a particular brand/seller? The bulk of my roaches need healthy maintenance diets, but I do have a few feeder species for my beardie so lower protein is preferred. I also supplement 3 times a week with fresh fruits and veggies (with greater variety given to the feeders - B.dubia, B.discoidalis, E. posticus). 

I saw this one on Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/Lugarti-Premium-Dubia-Diet-oz/dp/B01LOZ25UM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1480871348&sr=8-3&keywords=roach+chow

Has anyone tried this brand?

Hey you. That's a good idea. I can actually get that at the feed shop down the road ... and I can probably incorporate it into my homemade chow to replace the other more spendy ingredients that I have to grind up by hand. Thanks!

I agree chicken feed is a good option I breed rats and asfs and found my roaches love mazuri rat food it's like $30 for a 50 would bag so not super cheap but pretty good unless you're colonys are huge then it will be really pricy.

• Like 1

If you go to chameleon forums.com and look up my ad under the classifieds section-Feeders, "Gut loads and feeder supplies," you will see 2 Roach chows with the ingredients listed. The Wow Chow is made with 8 ingredients and is $10/pound. The Roach Bedding Chow is made with 3 ingredients and is $5/pound.

CHEERS!

Nick