Hi from Hungary

TheSwarmThing

Hi everyone, I'm Melinda from Hungary.

I used to keep insects when I was in high school, but due to financial problems I had to give up my hobby. Fortunately I could get back to it a few months ago. I love all kinds of arthropods, but cockroaches are my favourites.

Currently I keep 11 species as pets, and also for research purposes - I'm a biologist interested in arthropod collective-, and social behaviour. I also work with isopods, I have Porcellio scaber and Armadillidium vulgare cultures.

I've registered to this forum so I could brush up my knowledge on keeping cockroaches and isopods and learn new things from you. Hopefully I'll be able to learn more about the behaviour of these awesome arthropods as well. :)

Thanks! :)

I keep the following species:

Blaberus discoidalis, Blaptica dubia, Eurycotis opaca, Gromphadorhina portentosa, Gyna caffrorum, Gyna lurida, Phoetalia pallida, Princisia vanwaerebecki, Shelfordella lateralis, Therea olegrandjeani and Therea regularis.

Also some of my hissers look more like Gromphadorhina oblongonota but I'm not sure how to properly differentiate them from G. portentosa.