Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eric10686

Dubias dieing rapidly

3 posts in this topic

I just bought a small colony of 100 mixed dubia 7 days ago,  I have them in a medium sized plastic bin and a small heat mat on 1 side. 75 degrees on 1 side and 90 degrees on other. I have new fresh egg crates in there and the bin is clean. I currently feed them crushed up dog food and slices of potato for water. humidity is at 50 %. They were doing great for 7 days. And then I woke up this morning and 90% of them were on there backs looking like they are dieing. I read online that it is okay to feed them green beans, so last night i put some french style green beans out of the can inside there for them to eat, (no salt added all natural). Im thinking they are dieing because of this... which i though green beans are okay? any suggestions or ideas? thanks.

green beans are fine to feed them but potato on the other hand I would be cautious of. Potatoes turn green when exposed to light which is toxic (Solanine) also found in the stems of tomato plants. I would use carrots instead of potatoes.

I had 50, 49 of them died the first month, very annoying, i can't breed anymore