Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eric10686

Longest Lifespan Feeder Roach?

7 posts in this topic

I know that dubia roaches live up to like 2 years. My question is there any other feeder roaches that live fairly long or just as long?

I think hissers live at least 2 years.

yea I should have added hissers but as far as i know they arent really looked upon as a feeder due to their hard shell and they can climb etc. any other feeders you guys can think of that lives for 2 years or longer? 

I just checked looks like Eublaberus Posticus or orange head roaches can live between 1-2 years. I think for longer life span the way to go is larger roaches. Probably discoid and any other blaberus spieces like fusca, atrops, etc

I have Eublaberus serranus (pantanal roach). I received inch long nymphs in nov 2015. They started molting into adults in Feb 2016 and I noticed the first deaths of males in July. I assume these were old age deaths. I didn't notice any females dead until september or so. They are quite productive now. 

So im looking into Fusca, these look really nice, they get bigger which is a plus but does anyone have any real info if they do indeed live as long as dubia or longer? Im all about the lifespan of my feeders :) thanks guys

Hissers are often feeders.  Though in my book treats not a staple