Hello from Maryland

Tielbirdy

Hello all! I am a beginner in keeping insects. I started with four little Extinct in the Wild nymphs in March 2016. Three of them are now adults, and one died right before/in the process of its final molt. It looks like I have one female and two males. Watching them go through the steps of maturing and molting has been really cool. I'll post some pics in the photos forum.

Thinking about starting up a second enclosure of something, but I haven't decided yet. I'm not interested in having breeding colonies, so maybe a couple of male Hissers? I'm open to suggestions.

Welcome to the hobby and forum :) I'm sure you will find it quite addicting. I know your not into colonys for now but maybe consider a large feeder spieces like discoid, orange head, or even dubia when you do get into colonys. I use the money I make selling dubia to buy more pet spieces. It feels very rewarding knowing the care I put into my roaches brings me more roaches. If your looking just for males I have to many male pepper roaches they are big and cool. Hope you enjoy the forums lots of great people here

Welcome to the forum! :) Like @lovebugfarm said, it's an addicting hobby! Hissers make great pets, when I first got into keeping roaches my mom didn't want me breeding them, so I just kept some male hissers from various different species. :)

Also, your Simadoa will breed, you know that right?

5 hours ago, lovebugfarm said:

Welcome to the hobby and forum :) I'm sure you will find it quite addicting. I know your not into colonys for now but maybe consider a large feeder spieces like discoid, orange head, or even dubia when you do get into colonys. I use the money I make selling dubia to buy more pet spieces. It feels very rewarding knowing the care I put into my roaches brings me more roaches. If your looking just for males I have to many male pepper roaches they are big and cool. Hope you enjoy the forums lots of great people here

Yeah, I use the money I get from selling roaches to but more roaches, and I don't even keep many feeders! (At least not the well known ones). I was even able to buy a "New" Nintendo 3ds XL with just the money I got from selling roaches! :D