Feeder recommendation

nursemaia

I keep several species of chameleons, veiled, panther, and a baby melleri. I prefer roaches over crickets and I currently have a dubia colony. They're slow and my chams are not crazy about them. I do like that they can't climb so it makes cup feeding easy. I'd like a different species. One that is a little more active, easy to breed and maintain, and is large when fully grown. I'm going to need big feeders for my melleri once he's all grown up. I heard red runners can colonize. I can guarantee I will have escapees so I can't have anything with the potential to colonize. I was thinking orange head or green banana roaches. Hissers, though large, have too much chitin. Any thoughts or recommendation? Good places to purchase?  Thanks.

Both orange head and banana are good options the orange head breed fast and get big don't climb might end up with to many orange head I know I do lol banana green color produces a good feed responce the adults climb but are pretty slow and don't climb much in the day time. I think red runners are safe I use them as my main feeder. All roaches have pluses and minuses. I personally don't like how dubia breed slow and like to burrow lol 

Panchlora sp. (as mentioned before) are great for chameleons.

I can also recommend Oxyhaloa deusta as a small feeder, they move quick, love to climb during the day and reproduce pretty quickly. They are not a pest species. But they are relatively small...

On 2/9/2017 at 11:35 PM, lovebugfarm said:

Both orange head and banana are good options the orange head breed fast and get big don't climb might end up with to many orange head I know I do lol banana green color produces a good feed responce the adults climb but are pretty slow and don't climb much in the day time. I think red runners are safe I use them as my main feeder. All roaches have pluses and minuses. I personally don't like how dubia breed slow and like to burrow lol 

Ok so I think orange head is going to be my next roach. How do you breed yours?