import cockroaches

histrio

29 minutes ago, histrio said:

thx hisserdude , you can erase your answer too....

No problem, hope my answer was of some help at least.

• Like 1

I've seen this happen before apparently there's no open discussion of the importation process. Its a conspiracy to keep the big guys who already know about how to import on top so the little guys get left in the dark.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lovebugfarm said:

I've seen this happen before apparently there's no open discussion of the importation process. Its a conspiracy to keep the big guys who already know about how to import on top so the little guys get left in the dark.

Lol no, it's because it's illegal and the Admins don't want the USDA shutting down the forum...

• Like 1

Well there are threads that do discuss what is legal and what is not, this thread however was just discussing the best way to illegally smuggle roaches into the US, which is a subject that is taboo to discuss publicly.

Truth is, without the proper permits, (which are almost impossible for most hobbyists to get), there are pretty much no legal ways to import roaches from other countries. :(

1 hour ago, Hisserdude said:

Lol no, it's because it's illegal and the Admins don't want the USDA shutting down the forum...

Wasn't trying to cause trouble, glad to have curiosity fullfilled.   and glad to know keeping it legal!   Some of the ones in other countries are awesome looking and would love to have some, but all for letting the people who pay the money to get them in right to be able to make the money off those of us who want them :D

Well people smuggling is different and if you have to ask how to commit a crime....you probably wont get away with it lol

However people import things regularly, reptiles, tarantulas, fish, etc There is very little info out there on what agency's are required to work with and which one specifically has jurisdiction over insects. There's like no info out there other than usda and local fish and wildlife. Its frustrating you know *sigh*

I once asked a texas parks and wildlife representative about the legalities of collecting inverts in state parks and he said theres no rules at all apart from asking permission from a park ranger onsite...that doesn't seem right since I know people claiming to be licensed collectors but oh well I'm gonna do it lol 

I'm gonna figure it out one day....

Really I think all these rules regarding importing roaches are silly, people still do it so the laws obviously aren't working that great, and so far none of the species introduced into the pet trade seem to have established themselves in the US, and if there are some that have then they haven't made a huge impact on the environment here. I really think it should be legal to import from Europe and other countries, banning it just fuels the blackmarket and has not stopped new species from entering the hobby at all. 

I've collected in state parks.... hope that was legal lol!

sorry for that discussion, a man ask me to send cockroaches from France to US and I asked here how to make that .... It's isn't autorized in the forum because import is illegal....

So finally I canceled the deal, I hope that a day, the import-export US laws will change and will be less hard....

I think that laws are hard to protect the Biocenosis.... In france, we had problem with florida turtle as exemple..... some breeder take them on wild, they are very hungry and eat a big quantity of fish... They must be hunting.....