Non climbers, non burrows?

So is Shelfordella lateralis the only non climbing, non burrowing roach? Surely out of all of the genera out there there is at least a few others? 

Discoids actually really like burrowing, the nymphs do at least, and dubia nymphs can burrow too apparently. Unfortunately it seems that non climbers are almost always burrowers, I can't think of a single exception atm besides lats. :(

• Like 1

Red goblin roaches to look pretty much like lateralis, I think other wood roaches don't burrow either. I personally never use dubia as feeders cause they burrow such a pain.

• Like 1

I was wanting something that could be left to run around with my toads that was a bit cooler than lats. Currently I have a lunch meat container sunk in the sub. I'm currently putting Eublaberus serranus nymphs in it. They don't care for Dubia. Now if I could find a way to keep my E. javanica nymphs in.

58 minutes ago, lovebugfarm said:

Red goblin roaches to look pretty much like lateralis, I think other wood roaches don't burrow either. I personally never use dubia as feeders cause they burrow such a pain.

Don't red goblins climb? Maybe not, I always assumed they did...

Wood roach adults (Parcoblatta) can climb, the nymphs can't though.

I mean adults can climb. Its hard to find non burrowing roaches that don't climb. Technically male lats climb but they normally don't. Personally I was thinking about the same thing in a community tank I am working on. I decided harlyquin roach and or domino roaches the nymphs burrow though. Of course both can climb but arnt that into climbing. Good luck I'm looking forward  to hearing the awnsers. Its been tricky trying to find a fancy roach my wife won't mind being in our bedroom.

9 minutes ago, lovebugfarm said:

It would be cool if those megalobatta made it to the u.s. one day :)

Yeah, it would be awesome, however I hear they are extremely hard to breed, and no one that I know of who has kept them has ever gotten their ooths to hatch. :(