Virginia Cheeseman

http://www.virginiacheeseman.co.uk/

BugzUK

http://www.bugzuk.com/

Zoo Centre eBay shop

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ZOO-CENTRE

Metamorphosis

http://www.metamorphosis.gb.com/

i have only bought from the first of these but Virginia was very helpful and has a good reputation for healthy stock; I actually was able to collect the bugs from her as she is not too far from where I live. Of the others I have emailed Bugz and the Zoo Centre and both were very helpful but I have very specific and restricted delivery requirements (guaranteed Saturdays only) and neither of them were as yet able to offer that service so I didn't buy anything from them so I can't vouch for them in terms of transactions. I should mention that BugzUK said they would offer a Saturday delivery service soon so when they do I may be able to give them a proper review!

Alternatively you could go to an insect/invertebrate show and pick them up in person - the biggest one I know of is the AES show at Kempton park in London which is on 30 September this year, or before then there are big shows in Newark in April and Warwick (mainly a tarantula show but Bugz has said they will be there selling roaches) in May.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

Schaben Spinnen is located in Germany, but ships to the UK as well, they have a wide selection of feeder and pet roaches:

http://www.schaben-spinnen.de/Content/shop.php?cat=11

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KatsKreations said:

TY!   Knew UK had to have more options than dubias!   Nice to be able to get more people interested in more types!

Yeah, Europe is really the place to be for most invert keepers, especially since imports from most areas are legal, though TBH we probably have almost the same amount of roach species in culture as Europe has.

On 10/03/2017 at 8:27 PM, Hisserdude said:

Yeah, Europe is really the place to be for most invert keepers, especially since imports from most areas are legal, though TBH we probably have almost the same amount of roach species in culture as Europe has.

it's difficult in some area like germany (import is difficult from outside of europe, a germany's friend said to me)....Living in malaysia or australia is the best of the best option...the most beautifull spp directly from wild....;)
I think that we have certainly more spp in Europe than US ; but many are in small quantity, and you must know directly the breeders who breed them to know that they are in europe...(some sp colony died several time before to come really in breeding, after several import lol )
We have the chance that some breeders are going each year in some area like malaysia, south africa,Panama and came back with picked-up wild sp... like eurycotis cf pluto from Panama, and Perisphaeria sp from south africa for exemple... and order from Kyle ;-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, histrio said:

I think that we have certainly more spp in Europe than US ; but many are in small quantity, and you must know directly the breeders who breed them to know that they are in europe...(some sp colony died several time before to come really in breeding, after several import lol )
We have the chance that some breeders are going each year in some area like malaysia, south africa,Panama and came back with picked-up wild sp... like eurycotis cf pluto from Panama, and Perisphaeria sp from south africa for exemple... and order from Kyle ;-)

Yeah, that's probably true, but we do have quite a few native and introduced species here in the US that are now in culture, as well as a few tropical species that Europe doesn't have yet, so I think we are certainly catching up. ;)

Yeah, however Florida is basically a haven for introduced tropical roach species, so we have that going for us! :P Too bad collecting from other countries and bringing specimens back is almost impossible without the proper permits here, otherwise I'm sure we'd have a ton more species in culture than we do currently. :(

for your native , we have Kyle....;-) .   I ever had 3spp of parcoblatta.... I hope to order areaniga spp in summer...

You are right, we can import from all other area in the world (if they don't have restrictiv export laws like australia). it's why we have a very big quantity of exotic cockroaches.

Your import-export laws are very hard, it seem's... without them , we'll make deal like rhadoblatta--H vittata.... lol ...

In France, cockroaches don't are in restricted import list ....but if customs controls the parcel, they send it to veterinary service....that cost money and more days , enough to kill insects sometimes....
when we take order, we are ready to play and to lose....

18 minutes ago, histrio said:

for your native , we have Kyle....;-) .   I ever had 3spp of parcoblatta.... I hope to order areaniga spp in summer...

You are right, we can import from all other area in the world (if they don't have restrictiv export laws like australia). it's why we have a very big quantity of exotic cockroaches.

Your import-export laws are very hard, it seem's... without them , we'll make deal like rhadoblatta--H vittata.... lol ...

In France, cockroaches don't are in restricted import list ....but if customs controls the parcel, they send it to veterinary service....that cost money and more days , enough to kill insects sometimes....
when we take order, we are ready to play and to lose....

Yeah lol, I suppose that's true. :D Arenivaga are really great, hope you can get them into the European hobby!

Yeah, it almost makes me want to move to Europe lol, though lately we've been getting more and more roach imports, legal and illegal, (mostly illegal probably), from tropical areas, the roach hobby here has been expanding quite a bit recently. :)

Indeed, importing can be quite risky for the roaches since it takes so long, always have to be prepared to have them arrive DOA, that's just the risk you have to take. :unsure:

11 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

DOA

???

11 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

hat's just the risk you have to take

We don't have risk with customs or justice, it's sure.

- if you take small deal, no real problem if they arrived dead (like my drymaplaneta, only 70$; i have taken the risk whitout stress) .. 

But Kyle ship to europe with minimum order, 350$ and add shipping cost= 400$    that begin to make lot of money....;-)    if you lose,  ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, histrio said:

???

- if you take small deal, no real problem if they arrived dead (like my drymaplaneta, only 70$; i have taken the risk whitout stress) .. 

But Kyle ship to europe with minimum order, 350$ and add shipping cost= 400$    that begin to make lot of money....;-)    if you lose,  ?

DOA = Dead On Arrival. 

Yup, the bigger the order, the bigger the risk you take, or at least the bigger the amount of money you'll lose if things go badly lol! 

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/13/2017 at 7:22 PM, histrio said:

???

So Kyle does ship to Europe? 

I live in Belgium, and I'm looking for Arenivaga roaches as well. Maybe we can split costs :) 

9 hours ago, stanislas said:

So Kyle does ship to Europe? 

I live in Belgium, and I'm looking for Arenivaga roaches as well. Maybe we can split costs :) 

I think sometimes he does, yes. :) Shipping ain't cheap though, just saying.

19 minutes ago, Nadine83 said:

I just purchased roaches from Zoo Centre off of ebay but you can see all the options they have. They should arrive sometime this week.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/zoocentre

Nice, which species? Anything that isn't in the US yet? BTW, don't think you are allowed to announce publicly that you've imported from another country here...

33 minutes ago, Hisserdude said:

I think sometimes he does, yes. :) Shipping ain't cheap though, just saying.

Nice, which species? Anything that isn't in the US yet? BTW, don't think you are allowed to announce publicly that you've imported from another country here...

Oh ok didn't know that.. is there a reason why we're not allowed to announce imports?  Its not like I'm buying anything illegal we have  same species for sale in us.  (Just Curious)

No new species just some vanwaerebeki hissers, javanicas, caffrorum and centurion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nadine83 said:

Oh ok didn't know that.. is there a reason why we're not allowed to announce imports?  Its not like I'm buying anything illegal we have  same species for sale in us.  (Just Curious)

No new species just some vanwaerebeki hissers, javanicas, caffrorum and centurion.

Unfortunately it is completely illegal to import from overseas even if it's a species we already have in culture, I'm not condoning the act or anything, just letting you know you probably shouldn't announce it publicly...

The mods here don't like people talking about committing illegal acts related to the hobby, in fear that the government shuts the forum down or something. 

Cool, nice species! I'm getting centurio this week as well! (Also from another country, just Canada though. :P).

1 hour ago, Hisserdude said:

Unfortunately it is completely illegal to import from overseas even if it's a species we already have in culture, I'm not condoning the act or anything, just letting you know you probably shouldn't announce it publicly...

The mods here don't like people talking about committing illegal acts related to the hobby, in fear that the government shuts the forum down or something. 

Cool, nice species! I'm getting centurio this week as well! (Also from another country, just Canada though. :P).

lol cool beans but... now I'm intrigued and have to read importation laws again lol.