Turkistan egg case hatch time

Hello, my Turkistan roaches have finally produced egg cases! I am so excited! But I was wondering, how long does it take the egg cases to hatch? The egg cases are in the container with the adult roaches which has a temperature of about 78-82 degrees.

It is best to leave the egg cases in the container with the adults correct? And the adults won't eat the egg cases ever will they?

• Like 1

I think it only takes a month or two for S.lateralis oothecae to hatch, so not that long. Just leave them in with the adults and be sure the cage is a little humid, if it's too dry they won't hatch.

BTW, each species of roach has it's own different hatch time, so there's no set hatch time for roaches in general. Certain roach ooths can hatch within a few weeks, and others can take seven months! 

Ok, thank you so much @Hisserdude

I will leave the ootheca's with the adults. The reason I was concerned about the adults eating them was because there was an ootheca on the floor one night and then the next morning it was gone. So I don't know if they hid the ootheca or it got buried in the substrate or something. Do roaches hide their ootheca?

I didn't realize different roaches have different hatch times. Thanks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Twilightroach said:

Ok, thank you so much @Hisserdude

I will leave the ootheca's with the adults. The reason I was concerned about the adults eating them was because there was an ootheca on the floor one night and then the next morning it was gone. So I don't know if they hid the ootheca or it got buried in the substrate or something. Do roaches hide their ootheca?

I didn't realize different roaches have different hatch times. Thanks.

Could have been moved somewhere else by roaches walking over it, or if it was a dud or something then they may have eaten it. If it was on the floor rather than attached to some textured surface, my guess is that it may have just been a dud, which they will often cannibalize.

9 hours ago, lovebugfarm said:

It's my expiernce they often don't stick ootheca and just scatter them about but do tend to try to put them in the most humid part of their enclosures.

Really, huh, good to know, thought for sure they'd try to attach them to something, like most Blattids.