Roach story

So my wife has a large exo terra terrarium for her Meditteranean geckos. She bought some of the magnetic feeder dishes to hang from the side. I decided to put young Eublaberus serranus nymphs in the dish. They did eat them quite well.....or so I thought. The other day I saw something white moving in the substrate. I reached in and pulled out an intact gecko skeleton from the sub. The very large nymphs were in the sub. Apparently crickets, geckos, and coco fiber are all they needed to survive.  Now it's a terrarium of pothos vine, one gecko and a bunch of E. serranus. 

I found roaches to be better than dermestids at cleaning skeletons. A large colony can clean a small animal in 2 hours. They might have killed the gecko if 3 grabbed it at once. Geckos are pretty delicate. Sorry your wife lost her gecko I love geckos :(

I'm not sure if they ate. We collected them in 2015. Most grew and did fine. Ever so often one would have a rough shed around the toes even though we tried to maintain an 80% humidity. We would see the rough shed gecko for about 2 days, then no more. They appeared to loose their climbing ability and probably starved. Lesson learned is meditteranean geckos are not hardy enough for captivity. We caught 7 and had hoped to start breeding them. My wife does feed the roaches now.