Hi new to roaches

Twilightroach

Hello, I didn't realize there was introductions topic so I probably should have done this a little while ago when I joined. But anyway... I am pretty new to keeping roaches but I love insects of all kinds. And endeavoring to keep different kinds I have ventured into keeping roaches. I have a few Madagascar Hissing cockroaches and love them. I also have a colony of Turkistan roaches that will eventually be used as feeders once the colony starts expanding. I am sure I will have questions as they come up. Eventually I would like to get some additional species of roaches but for now I have my Madagascar Hissers and really enjoy them.

1 hour ago, Twilightroach said:

Hello, I didn't realize there was introductions topic so I probably should have done this a little while ago when I joined. But anyway... I am pretty new to keeping roaches but I love insects of all kinds. And endeavoring to keep different kinds I have ventured into keeping roaches. I have a few Madagascar Hissing cockroaches and love them. I also have a colony of Turkistan roaches that will eventually be used as feeders once the colony starts expanding. I am sure I will have questions as they come up. Eventually I would like to get some additional species of roaches but for now I have my Madagascar Hissers and really enjoy them.

No worries, welcome to the forum! :) Hissers were where I (in fact, most of us) started out as well, once you start researching them you pretty much end up unlocking the door to the whole previously unknown world of roaches! lol Well, hope we can answer any questions you may have as they arise. :) You should definitely expand your collection in the future, a great and simple genus is Blaberus, all members of the genus(except B.giganteus) are very hardy, low maintenance and often attain a good size.