Help me name some Roaches!

So, this is just for fun, but I hope some of you can help.  I have six roaches and I would like to name them.  Mine are strictly pets, not feeders, so I feel they deserve names.  Oh, two of the six do have names, they are two male halloween hissers that I call Mike and Sully (from the movie Monsters inc).  I can't really upload pics, so I will describe them...

The first is a lovely and lively female tiger hisser.  She's kind of a drama queen  and likes to hiss more than any other female I've ever met.

The second is her male counterpart, a big, loud, additude-filled male tiger who is king of the male tank.

Then I have a shy laid-back male g,portentoasa who doesn't really hiss much and seems to keep well clear of the male tiger.  he is a little on the small side for his breed, but really a sweet roach that sits or climbs around in my hand in a relaxed manner.

Then I have a very lively male g,oblongonota nymph who is just learning how to hiss.  He likes to try to wriggle from my hand when he is picked up and can usually be found hanging out on the wall of the cage.  He looks like he is going to be pretty big and may someday give the male tiger competition for the title "King of the Tank.

So, any ideas?

Here's some Ideas, they are all from TV shows and video games

Names for female:

Moira (from Fallout 3)
Cait (from Fallout 4)

Names for dominate male:
Cicero (from Skyrim
Nazir (from Skyrim)

Names for shy one:
Todd (from Bojack the Horseman)
Krieger (from Archer)

Names for the wriggly one:
Benny (from Fallout New Vegas)
Merlin (from Merlin the TV show)

I don't name roaches anymore, since I have so many of them, but I did when I just had a few male hissers as pets, and let me tell ya, I'm really bad at coming up with names. They are either totally random names that have nothing to do with the roaches like Jack, or Sam, or really obvious names like "Stripes" for a tiger hisser, or "Pancake" for a flat horned hisser. (I also named my legless lizard "Legless" and my rose hair tarantula "Rosie").

That being said, I do have one idea for the male tiger hisser, "Hercules"?

51 minutes ago, Hisserdude said:

They are either totally random names that have nothing to do with the roaches like Jack, or Sam, or really obvious names like "Stripes" for a tiger hisser, or "Pancake" for a flat horned hisser. (I also named my legless lizard "Legless" and my rose hair tarantula "Rosie").

:blink: I am shocked at you.

My tarantulas all have names that translate into "Legs" or "knees" in various languages.  Thank you, Google translate.

My assassin bug is named Vlad.  My giant vinegaroon is named Mittens.  I haven't yet named the whipscorpion, but I'm leaning toward Hyde McFeely.  The roaches are mostly just "minions".  My carpet python is called Thabu, which means "snake" in one of the coastal aboriginal languages (again, according to the interwebz).  My short-tailed opossum male is called Gator because he shows me his teeth whenever I startle him.

In general, I'm a fan of names from various mythologies, especially greek, norse, and hindu.  I haven't yet named any individual roaches, but I did have a trio of scorpions ages ago that were named Zeus, Nemesis, and Persephone.  The gods and goddesses of greek mythology are wonderfully varied and intertwined, and you can almost certainly find one with the attributes to fit just about any pet.  Slightly less diverse are the norse and hindu gods, but with arguably cooler names ;)

1 hour ago, All About Insects said:

Might as well have named the legless lizard "snake".:P

Hey, I may not be good at coming up with original names, but I'd never use a name so scientifically inaccurate as that!! :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, CritterChick said:

My tarantulas all have names that translate into "Legs" or "knees" in various languages.  Thank you, Google translate.

My assassin bug is named Vlad.  My giant vinegaroon is named Mittens.  I haven't yet named the whipscorpion, but I'm leaning toward Hyde McFeely.  The roaches are mostly just "minions".  My carpet python is called Thabu, which means "snake" in one of the coastal aboriginal languages (again, according to the interwebz).  My short-tailed opossum male is called Gator because he shows me his teeth whenever I startle him.

In general, I'm a fan of names from various mythologies, especially greek, norse, and hindu.  I haven't yet named any individual roaches, but I did have a trio of scorpions ages ago that were named Zeus, Nemesis, and Persephone.  The gods and goddesses of greek mythology are wonderfully varied and intertwined, and you can almost certainly find one with the attributes to fit just about any pet.  Slightly less diverse are the norse and hindu gods, but with arguably cooler names ;)

I named my millipede Freya.  Although being she's a desert millipede and that's a norse goddes that may have been a little off on my part!

Eh, usually a name is just a name.  It doesn't have to mean that something takes after it's namesake.  I really like the name Freya.

Perhaps some of your hissers should be related.  Thor, Sif, Odin, Frigg, Tyr, Baldr, Hel and the awesome wolf Fenrir are some of the most recognizable.

• Like 1

Just in case you didn't have enough hissers to help me name.  I'm now awaiting a shipment of a few more females!  When I get them I can describe them as well.  I love your name ideas!