New guy from Pennsylvania

LaRiz

Hi all,

My name is John LaRizzio.  I've been keeping all sorts of creepy stuff for decades.  Mostly snakes, lizards, other herps and just about every arachnid.  Though cockroaches...on and off for about 20 years.  Currently I have colonies of Panchlora sp. "giant", Archimandrita tesselata and some dubia feeders.  I look forward to learning new things here about keeping them and perhaps network with other keepers.

• Like 1

Greetings! Yes, reptiles and arachnids seem to lead many into roaches (myself included). I've had tortoises and a snake, but mostly tarantulas, cats, dogs, birds, and aquarium fish. Do you still have lots of the "creepy stuff" you mentioned at your home (lizards, snakes, etc)?

How do you like the Panchlora? I've considered them, but I'm more into handleable creatures like the A. tesselata you also keep. I bought my dubias as feeders, but like them as pets, too. Go figure! Anyways, welcome... You've come to the right place!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Skyvie said:

How do you like the Panchlora? I've considered them, but I'm more into handleable creatures like the A. tesselata you also keep. I bought my dubias as feeders, but like them as pets, too. Go figure! Anyways, welcome... You've come to the right place!

Pancholra giant sp.  are pretty cool, although not at all "giant".  They like it moist and breed like mad.  Babies are soooo tiny...like they can do a tumbleset on the head of pin and not fall off.  I originally got them to feed to chameleons that sometimes get bored with crickets, superworms and dubia.  Thanks for the welcome.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LaRiz said:

Pancholra giant sp.  are pretty cool, although not at all "giant".

Giant compared to P.nivea though lol! :P

• Like 1