Please sign petition against cruelty against Madagascar cockroaches!

Please sign petition against cruelty against Madagascar cockroaches! (ADM: humans are insectivores)

Posted by Liz Barranco on 9/26/2006, 5:22 pm

Message modified by board administrator 10/29/2006, 10:09 am (Admin: the human digestive system is designed for insect consumption; consider a petition to mandate hisserburgers as a replacement to alleviate the pain and suffering of cows).

On September 29, 12 Six Flags locations will begin a new promotion for their October halloween events. Guests that eat a live Madagascar hissing cockroach will be allowed to skip ride lines for the day. We demand that Six Flags cancel this barbaric promotion, and we will boycott the company unless they do so.

The petition is here: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/373263332

Please help be signing. We are sending the petition in within the next 2 days. Thanks!

StopSixFlagsCruelty@gmail.com

Posted by Steve Quinn on 9/30/2006, 4:05 pm, in reply to "Re: Please sign petition against cruelty against Madagascar cockroaches!"

Liz, not sure if your aware of this or not but this isn't exactly Peta's home page. perhaps you should try there most of us keep roaches to feed other things and like the poster above said, don't really see a difference between lizards/humans eating them besides bugs are a wonderful source of protein

Quinndragonranch@aol.com

Posted by Doug Gosnell on 10/6/2006, 7:52 pm, in reply to "Re: Please sign petition against cruelty against Madagascar cockroaches!"

Roaches... the other white meat.

I am just wondering how the can afford the $$$ to buy these, it not like they are lobster roaches or even those critters running around in crack houses nationwide

dogbert4pres@yahoo.com

Posted by steve quinn on 10/21/2006, 6:34 pm, in reply to "Re: Please sign petition against cruelty against Madagascar cockroaches!"

it's a hissing roach there like less than 50 cents when bought in bulk? i doubt they are going through many anyway i can't imagine hundreds a people a day are going to eat them to get out of park admission. I hope they go through with it personally and don't let little peta girl like the one who started this dumb petition get there way. That being said this is one dumb promotion that someone should have axed before it got where it is.

Posted by j starr on 10/28/2006, 1:18 am, in reply to "Please sign petition against cruelty against Madagascar cockroaches!"

Mixed feelings and a can of worms on this one. First look at this in an inverted way. I believe that it is cruelty to the poor working class and more of an exploitation rather than a benefit. If you are very well off you really donot need to eat live insects for money or some other benefit. BTW, in gradeschool a friend of mine ate a cricket to show off and he nearly puked over the taste. He definitely spit out most of it.

This sounds more like some rich 6 flags management team after some type of visual jollies rather than helping doing much for the consumer. Personally I think that they have been watching far to many reality shows.

Definitely a stupid stunt to get you to come into the park. I would rather watch a large adult Argus monitor chase down a full grown hisser and chomp it a few times before swallowing it down instead of a person desperate to save time standing in line.

johnstarr@demasoni.com