Some New and Some Old

Nadine83

Thanks I try. So far all the new ones are doing good...that's a plus. I have new javanicas that are gorgeous in coloration hoping some of that spreads through my stock. We shall see. 

Both are very pretty! I especially like how the E. posticus nymphs are that deep red color. It really sets them apart. (Now I've got to get some:D)

Have you had both of these species before? I think Eublaberus is very versatile...Pets/feeders/composters/etcall in the same place! 

3 hours ago, Skyvie said:

Both are very pretty! I especially like how the E. posticus nymphs are that deep red color. It really sets them apart. (Now I've got to get some:D)

Have you had both of these species before? I think Eublaberus is very versatile...Pets/feeders/composters/etcall in the same place! 

These guys are new,  well the Ivory Heads are, I use Orange Heads I use for feeders.The Ivory heads for now are pets. Until I get a colony established. I really enjoy hissing roaches all types. Javanicas, Chopardi, and Insignis are my favorites for hissers, Death Heads and Giant Caves are my non-hisser favorites. The banana roaches are fun also. Though the last of my Giant Caves killed over. So Ill be looking for a breeding pair of them soon enough. The Ivory Adult Is beautiful, love the white and black markings. Hopefully they reproduce well. I purchased both of these from inverts unlimited. All arrived alive and in good condition.

Wow, if most of these are new acquisitions, it's like Christmas for you! Congratulations! :D I think the centurion is my favorite Gyna (well, tied with the capucina). You have a very nice collection. So... which ones are your favorite overall? (I know it's like picking favorite children!)

1 minute ago, Skyvie said:

Wow, if most of these are new acquisitions, it's like Christmas for you! Congratulations! :D I think the centurion is my favorite Gyna (well, tied with the capucina). You have a very nice collection. So... which ones are your favorite overall? (I know it's like picking favorite children!)

lol it's hard.. I do like my javanicas (they were the first roach species that I kept as pets) since then I've expanded a bit...  I have almost every type of hisser available. My craniifers are at the top of my non-hissing list along with the centurion. I can tell you one roach I don't like...dubia. I must admit I don't much care for this species (However I do want some gold ones). I'm partial to the orange heads but those are feeders. Ivory heads are new so far I'm enjoying them. I'm on the lookout for some adult giant cave roaches and colossal roaches (Going to take a bit of searching.) so yeah.. it's hard to pick so I enjoy them all.. with exception on one species so far. I really like crickets also... (off topic)

• Like 1

I've been thinking about some chopardis or javanicas recently - are they pretty much your favorite hisser then? You pretty much have most of the species in interested in right now, lol!

You don't like dubias as pets or feeders or both? They aren't ideal for my Tarantulas because of the playing dead and burrowing. I gave that up long ago.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Skyvie said:

I've been thinking about some chopardis or javanicas recently - are they pretty much your favorite hisser then? You pretty much have most of the species in interested in right now, lol!

You don't like dubias as pets or feeders or both? They aren't ideal for my Tarantulas because of the playing dead and burrowing. I gave that up long ago.

Chopardis are cute, fun little things. Javanicas are my top favorite hisser due to there colorations and feisty temperament.  insignis and tigers are tied for second. 

I don't like dubias as either pet or feeders that's why I traded them for orange heads instead. My turtle and frogs wouldn't eat them and they just didn't spark my overall interest as a pet roach. So I stoped getting them. I only have maybe 10 left. Once they are gone I'm not purchasing anymore. Green Banana roaches are a new favorite for my frogs. Unfortunately They are a bit too small for my turtle. 

7 hours ago, Nadine83 said:

Few new adults arrived today. Have lots of nymphs of these guys its, nice to finally have some adults.

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Very nice, had my male mature the other day, these guys are so beautiful in person! :D Hope yours do well for you!

1 hour ago, Hisserdude said:

Very nice, had my male mature the other day, these guys are so beautiful in person! :D Hope yours do well for you!

Thanks i hope so to. I have lots of these guys. I'll be selling or trading some of the nymphs off at some point they are really tiny right now, when there a bit bigger I'll be shipping them out. I like them but I only need a few. I agree they are pretty. The males are easier to handle not as mobile like the females.

A few hissers.. cage cleaning/feeding time. Have more photos of different types but pics won't load so these guys will have to do for now.

IMG_0689.JPG

IMG_0715.JPG

• Like 1