New Rhino Roach

I just got a new female rhino roach! Check out my blog for more! Any care tips or advice would be appreciated! Looking for a male in the future to breed this girl with for sure. 

https://roachcollector.wordpress.com

image17.jpeg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Roach collector said:

Thanks, Wlodek Lapkiewicz had them. He's from the Philadelphia insectarium. 

Ah, Wlodek, I know of him, he's got some amazing species, can't believe you got to see him in person! :D

The enclosure looks pretty good, I'd consider maybe lowering the substrate to 2 CM instead of 3, but other than that, looks perfect! :) Be sure to remove food as soon as it starts molding over, and keep the substrate moist, but not wet. 

Yeah, I actually just lowered it tonight to make sure I'm out of the way of any mismolts that may happen. Thanks for the info I'll make sure to keep this girl as healthy as possible. 

2 hours ago, Roach collector said:

Yeah, I actually just lowered it tonight to make sure I'm out of the way of any mismolts that may happen. Thanks for the info I'll make sure to keep this girl as healthy as possible. 

Awesome, should be good to go then! Hope she does well for you, keep us posted on her development! :D

• 1 month later...