What are the biggest hisser species?

On kyles site he says Oblogonata get 80mm males max and if your gonna use a gromphadorhina, Gromphadorhina grandidieri would be the 2nd at 70mm. 

• Like 1

Please don't hybridize them, that genus is already a mess. You could try selecting for the largest individuals in your colony and breeding those lines though. You should be able to get some pretty good sized hissers that way and you don't have to worry about potential low quality hybrid vigor. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2017 at 6:45 PM, pannaking22 said:

Please don't hybridize them, that genus is already a mess. You could try selecting for the largest individuals in your colony and breeding those lines though. You should be able to get some pretty good sized hissers that way and you don't have to worry about potential low quality hybrid vigor. 

Don't worry, this will probably never actually happen (at least not with me). I would prefer not to hybridize with tiger hissers anyways. I do not have an actual colony of hissers and I am fairly sure that the three females that I have are hybrids of some kind (maybe they aren't but I don't know) so I would like to get a colony of pure Gromphadorhina oblogonata and will definitely partake in selective breeding just as I plan to do with my Blabberus Craniifer once they reach adulthood.

Fair enough! I'd guess your 3 females probably are hybrids, but there's a small chance they could be pure line. I think it'd be really neat to get selectively bred giant oblongonota! 

• Like 1