Hisserdude

Eurycotis improcera

Got some nymphs from Roachcrossing recently, can't wait until they mature! :D

E.improcera%25232.JPG

E.improcera%25233.JPG

E.improcera%25234.JPG

Wow, these aren't even on his website - I wonder if they will be soon. These guys look pretty neat when they're adults...almost like a Lucihormetica, but not quite. Eurycotis are some of my favorites

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Skyvie said:

Wow, these aren't even on his website - I wonder if they will be soon. These guys look pretty neat when they're adults...almost like a Lucihormetica, but not quite. Eurycotis are some of my favorites

I assume they will be soon, once he starts updating his site again. They are stunning as adults, I really can't wait to see them in person! I can see the similarities to Lucihormetica, the markings on the wings and abdomen aren't too different. :)

• Like 1

The adults are insane, I got to see them in person at the Tinley Park NARBC show while I helped Kyle vend. I ended up getting three ooths and almost an adult pair, but Kyle wanted to keep them to continue bolstering his colony since they didn't sell. I have a ton of little nymphs running around now that I probably need to upgrade this weekend. 

2 hours ago, pannaking22 said:

The adults are insane, I got to see them in person at the Tinley Park NARBC show while I helped Kyle vend. I ended up getting three ooths and almost an adult pair, but Kyle wanted to keep them to continue bolstering his colony since they didn't sell. I have a ton of little nymphs running around now that I probably need to upgrade this weekend. 

Glad to hear that, really excited for my nymphs to mature! :D Cool, hope your nymphs do well for you, keep us updated! :)

They are getting bigger! :)

E.improcera%25235.JPG

E.improcera%25236.JPG

E.improcera%25237.JPG

Hey @Cariblatta lutea, how big do these get as adults again?

• Like 1

Just now, Hisserdude said:

They are getting bigger! :)

E.improcera%25235.JPG

E.improcera%25236.JPG

E.improcera%25237.JPG

Hey @Cariblatta lutea, how big do these get as adults again?

Beautiful! :D I'm currently contemplating picking some of these guys up, but I also really like P.horrida......decisions, decisions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, All About Insects said:

Beautiful! :D I'm currently contemplating picking some of these guys up, but I also really like P.horrida......decisions, decisions.

Honestly, I'd go with P.horrida, these are pretty and all, but are a huge PIA to care for, as they are very fast and always try to bolt out of the enclosure. -_-

Honestly, I'd go with P.horrida, these are pretty and all, but are a huge PIA to care for, as they are very fast and always try to bolt out of the enclosure. -_-

Oh, that's not a major problem for me, I've dealt with it before. lol I'll see if I can get both since it's so hard to choose, but if it comes down to it, I'll go with horrida. Alan's pics have really just motivated me to acquire them along with the fact that I've been keeping an adult masked hunter and have grown quite fond of assassins. :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, All About Insects said:

Oh, that's not a major problem for me, I've dealt with it before. lol I'll see if I can get both since it's so hard to choose, but if it comes down to it, I'll go with horrida. Alan's pics have really just motivated me to acquire them along with the fact that I've been keeping an adult masked hunter and have grown quite fond of assassins. :) 

I'd trade u some of those masked hunters for Eurycotis imporcera ;)

Just now, Cariblatta lutea said:

I'd trade u some of those masked hunters for Eurycotis imporcera ;)

How many would be the minimum number you'd take?

Just now, Cariblatta lutea said:

I'd need at least a pair or two so I could breed them

I have one currently, is there a way to sex them?

Just now, All About Insects said:

I have one currently, is there a way to sex them?

Females have pointy tip on the last segment (which often extends past the wings) while the males have round tip. 

Female :

http://bugguide.net/node/view/307087/bgimage

Male :

http://bugguide.net/node/view/918862/bgimage

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cariblatta lutea said:

Only about 1.1" in length. This is probably the smallest species of Eurycotis available in the hobby! (unless sp. "Venezuela is smaller)

Alright, good to know! Hey, that just means I can fit more of them in a container! :P Are the adults as crazy and skittish as the nymphs?

Alright, good to know! Hey, that just means I can fit more of them in a container! :P Are the adults as crazy and skittish as the nymphs?

Definitely! Whenever I lift up an egg flat to check on them they go nuts! One of them even jumped out of the container while I was trying to put back the egg flat to its original place!

3 minutes ago, Cariblatta lutea said:

Females have pointy tip on the last segment (which often extends past the wings) while the males have round tip. 

Female :

http://bugguide.net/node/view/307087/bgimage

Male :

http://bugguide.net/node/view/918862/bgimage

Thanks for the info!

3 minutes ago, Cariblatta lutea said:

Definitely! Whenever I lift up an egg flat to check on them they go nuts! One of them even jumped out of the container while I was trying to put back the egg flat to its original place!

Dang it, I really want to try and handle the adults at least a little bit, they look so pretty! :unsure: Guess I'll just have to do it over a large empty bin or something lol!

This thread is HOT with 18 replies. LoL

Nice Florida skunk roaches. (Imposters)

Edited by Tleilaxu
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tleilaxu said:

This thread is HOT with 18 replies. LoL

Nice Florida skunk roaches. (Imposters)

Yeah, couple conversations going on at once here! :lol:

These are the smaller, prettier, less smelly cousins of the Florida Skunk roach! :P

More pics!

E.improcera%25233.JPG

E.improcera%252310.JPG

E.improcera%252311.JPG

One of my females has matured and OMG is she gorgeous!!! :wub:

E.improcera%252312.JPG

E.improcera%252314.JPG

E.improcera%252315.JPG

E.improcera%252317.JPG

E.improcera%252318.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CodeWilster said:

Wow! Beautiful 

Thanks, they are really stunning, can't wait until the rest mature! :)