Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hisserdude

Deropeltis sp. "Jinka"

15 posts in this topic

Got a group of nymphs from Roachcrossing, hopefully they'll do well for me, from what I understand they have somewhat specific humidity requirments...

DeropeltisJinka%25231.JPG

DeropeltisJinka%25232.JPG

DeropeltisJinka%25233.JPG

DeropeltisJinka%25234.JPG

1 person likes this

Very nice! Keep us update! 

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, Roach collector said:

Very nice! Keep us update! 

Thanks, and will do! :)

Ah, the "fuzzy" roach - I've had my eye on these. I'm looking forward to future pics of growth & development!

24 minutes ago, Skyvie said:

Ah, the "fuzzy" roach - I've had my eye on these. I'm looking forward to future pics of growth & development!

I've wanted some for years, very glad I was able to get some, can't wait to see the adult females in person! :D Thanks, will kept this thread updated!

Whoa, very neat! Good luck with them! 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, pannaking22 said:

Whoa, very neat! Good luck with them! 

Yeah, they are pretty cool! :) Thanks!

I had some of these a few years back. Bomb-proof is the word I went from 6 to 100+ in a single generation. They do well with twigs to climb too. 

Mall the best from Bill. :D

1 hour ago, Bufo Bill said:

I had some of these a few years back. Bomb-proof is the word I went from 6 to 100+ in a single generation. They do well with twigs to climb too. 

Mall the best from Bill. :D

That's funny, just found one of my nymphs dead, so I'm actually quite concerned about them ATM. :( What conditions did you give them, I'm particularly interested in the humidity levels?

50% with occasional spraying and fruit or veg on offer permanently. The larger ones in particular like to hang of branches during ecdysis like mantids. Cereal/grain products help too. Hope this helps    

All the best from Bill. :D

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Bufo Bill said:

50% with occasional spraying and fruit or veg on offer permanently. The larger ones in particular like to hang of branches during ecdysis like mantids. Cereal/grain products help too. Hope this helps    

All the best from Bill. :D

Alright, that's about the same humidity setup I have too. Thanks for the info, really appreciate it! :)

1 person likes this

This is one of my wish list species. Having been to Ethiopia, I am drawn to animals from there. It is a beautiful place. hope you have good luck.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Matttoadman said:

This is one of my wish list species. Having been to Ethiopia, I am drawn to animals from there. It is a beautiful place. hope you have good luck.

Yeah, was on my wish list for quite some time, luckily Kyle had them in stock again for the first time in forever! Wow, that's cool, yeah would love to go visit Ethiopia, along with several other areas in Africa, lots of interesting invertebrates there! :D

Unfortunately I didn't look for inverts while I was there. I was into the birds. 

1 hour ago, Matttoadman said:

Unfortunately I didn't look for inverts while I was there. I was into the birds. 

Well I'm sure the birds there are awesome too! :)