Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Daniel

My isopods so far

8 posts in this topic

Hi!

Have allways loved isopods but I have just recently started collecting them. At the moment I keep the following species: Armadillidium maculatus, Armadillidium sp "monte negro", Armadillidium granulatum "brown", Porcellio expansus, Porcellio bolivari, Cubaris sp (Malaysia) and some more species that I mostly keep as feeders. Im planning to go out and collect some Armadillidium pictum because I know of a place nearby where I can find them.

If someone wish to trade some species just let me know.

Very nice collection of isopods, most of what I have are the more common backyard species, love the Armadillidium sp. "Montenegro" and the Spanish Porcellio species, (especially P.bolivari)! :D

8 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

Very nice collection of isopods, most of what I have are the more common backyard species, love the Armadillidium sp. "Montenegro" and the Spanish Porcellio species, (especially P.bolivari)! :D

Thank you for the kind words about the collection. 

Oniscus asellus might bee just a backyard species but your Mardi gras dalmatian variety is not :)

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Daniel said:

Thank you for the kind words about the collection. 

Oniscus asellus might bee just a backyard species but your Mardi gras dalmatian variety is not :)

Yeah, that's true, that's what I love about isopods, even the somewhat plain looking species can have amazing looking color morphs! :D

1 person likes this

The talk about backyard species made me go to a rockpile near my home and collect a dozen Porcellio spinicornis :)

I have now added Armadillidium pictum to my collection.

1 person likes this

On 22 juni 2017 at 1:24 AM, Acro said:

This thread needs photos . . .

:D

I have to agree with you 😀