Camel Crickets?

I'm getting a few of these from a friend soon and I wanted to know of anyone had any experience breeding or keeping these. I have no idea what species they are just their native to CT. 

I kept Ceuthophilus agassizii for a few years, they like things moist, will eat dog food in captivity, and are pretty territorial, so the enclosure should be large and should have plenty of hides, you want as much surface area as possible. At the bottom of the enclosure you should have an inch or so of moist coconut fiber for the females to oviposit into.

Thanks a lot! Hard to find info on the Internet! Would a 10 gallon tank be sufficient to hold 3-5? How bad is their smell? Are they as bad as pet store crickets?

38 minutes ago, Roach collector said:

Thanks a lot! Hard to find info on the Internet! Would a 10 gallon tank be sufficient to hold 3-5? How bad is their smell? Are they as bad as pet store crickets?

Yeah, not many people have kept them. Depends on the size of the crickets, my Ceuthophilus were about an inch long, so a 10 gallon tank would hold quite a lot of them actually, some species are much larger though. Whatever the size, a 10 tank should definitely hold at least 5, if not more.

They never gave off any odor in my care, even the dead ones never smelled bad. :)

• 2 weeks later...