Very strange thing

Something strange/odd happened to me, a few weeks ago I opened the lid to feed my lobster colony and then right when I was about to put the food inside a huge red cockroach was staring at me in one of the egg flats, where did that come from? I started my colony with about 40 lobsters and other than that I did not add any other roach to the enviorement this roach was as big as the american cockroach the ones you see outside but the color was different like super red and it had wings probably a male but totally different than a lobster is there an explanation for this? also as soon as I put my hand inside the bin the thing just ran off to hide I wanted to capture it but it was too fast and my egg flats are in a way you can't move em easily unless you remove some

36 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Something strange/odd happened to me, a few weeks ago I opened the lid to feed my lobster colony and then right when I was about to put the food inside a huge red cockroach was staring at me in one of the egg flats, where did that come from? I started my colony with about 40 lobsters and other than that I did not add any other roach to the enviorement this roach was as big as the american cockroach the ones you see outside but the color was different like super red and it had wings probably a male but totally different than a lobster is there an explanation for this? also as soon as I put my hand inside the bin the thing just ran off to hide I wanted to capture it but it was too fast and my egg flats are in a way you can't move em easily unless you remove some

Sounds like it was just an American; intensity of the red coloration can vary between individuals. Since it sounds like they make their way into your house quite a bit, it must have snuck in through an opening in the container(If there are any) or while you were feeding.

The lobster container as well as the red runner container are really secured/sealed and the lobster container even has vaseline all around it, so there's no way one could've just got inside like that unless it somehow got inside when I was feeding because sometimes I let the lid open while I went to get new food