Help me solve a problem

Few weeks ago it was so hot that some giant roach got inside and it was terrorizing me in my room flying around the freaking thing flew straight to my face so I had to run off, then days afterwards I spotted another one in my room but this one didn't fly it lived in my room for some days and wasn't able to capture it sadly, it even got on my bed while I was playing video games, is there natural ways to repell these? without using harmful things like Raid I ask here cause I have pets in my room so I cannot use things like raid plus there's barely any ventilation here so it would make me sick to breath those harmful chemicals the only things I use are fly traps but those do not have a essence they're just sticky what are some recommendations? I think some get inside thru the bathroom cause the window there is broken so any help would be appreciated other method I know are the chinese chalks but I need more methods or maybe traps/things I could get to protect my room/windows mainly

"Natural" or "Pet safe" or "Pesticide free" insect killers only have essential oils in them (rosemary, thyme, peppermint, etc) which do a good job of repelling insects without the "Raid" insect poisons with pyrethrins in them.

I've got one called Dr. Earth Pure & Natural, but there are many to choose from with similar pesticide-free ingredients.

Just make sure your other "pet" insects aren't in the same room, or they may get upset or worse :wacko:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Skyvie said:

"Natural" or "Pet safe" or "Pesticide free" insect killers only have essential oils in them (rosemary, thyme, peppermint, etc) which do a good job of repelling insects without the "Raid" insect poisons with pyrethrins in them.

I've got one called Dr. Earth Pure & Natural, but there are many to choose from with similar pesticide-free ingredients.

Just make sure your other "pet" insects aren't in the same room, or they may get upset or worse :wacko:

Sadly I have the roaches in the same room :(:( but I could use that in other places outside of my room, if you got any brands, names and links you can recommend that'd be awesome :)

The one I mentioned is usually at stores like Home Depot. Here's the link for Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SPNHDQS/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_JNBizbT0T44D1

And Home Depot: 

http://m.homedepot.com/p/DR-EARTH-24-oz-Ready-to-Use-Yard-and-Garden-Insect-Killer-8003/205825639

It's probably best to run to the store to grab one...shipping may be expensive for what it is.

Seal places pest roaches might enter.  That is the best way to keep pests away. 

People spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on pest control every year, but if people just spent money on sealing their house, they would save so much cash in the long run.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Any giant roach that makes it into my living space from outside is worthy of respect and pet status, catch them and post pics. I'd take it as a sign that they want to be your pets. :)

From your description it sounds like said roaches would be happier outdoors anyway.

@Hisserdude