Ok got my dubia roaches

smc85

Ok I have them I been giving them ground up oatmeal and honey nut Cheerios and chopped up potatoes and apples and carrots is there anything else I can add to this that will be healthy for my tarantulas

Oh ok was just going off what the breeder said to do what do y'all think would be a great mix with my dry mix I haven't seen them eat every time I go in and check up on them which I will stop because I hear they don't like to be botherd that will stress them out I how long before I noticed any babies 

How many do you have? The more you have the more likely you'll see them eat. My colony is on the larger size now and I feed it about every other day. When feeding I can watch them moving down the egg crates toward the food. They swarm the dry food first then spread out toward the fresh fruits and veggies. You could mix in dry dog, cat, or fish food if you want. My mix is Pond fish food and whatever leftover cereal i have at the time.

Oh btw if you have any feed stores near you, you could go there and buy chicken grower food fairly cheap. I've read and heard it used by quite a few. It's where I get my pond fish food that only cost me $15 for 40lbs, and around where i live chick grower food is like $10 - $15 a bag too.

I will look and I only have like 35 at the moment yeah I saw some eat I'm going to save up for a bigger heat mat what do you suggest I was going to go flex watt but I didn't well I was going to get a thermostat but I decided not too I have them in a 18 gallon tub

I don't use heat mats. I use an oil filled electric radiator type room heater during the winter and have the ac vent for the room blocked off for the summer. my daytime high gets to 80 -85f and night time low is about 75. My colony has grown a lot but i started with far more from 3 or 4 sources. 1 of those sources I got a lot of mature females so that helped a lot.

• 4 years later...
On 5/21/2017 at 7:56 PM, Randomjoe said:

Oh btw if you have any feed stores near you, you could go there and buy chicken grower food fairly cheap. I've read and heard it used by quite a few. It's where I get my pond fish food that only cost me $15 for 40lbs, and around where i live chick grower food is like $10 - $15 a bag too.

Just be careful to read the ingredients. A-lot of feed contains diatomaceous earth. This will kill your colony.

• 6 months later...

chicken grower feed has yes and no so which do you believe and why?  The DE is a problem ND OTHER RELATED STUFF, SO WHAT DO YOU USE TO CONTROL PESTS THAT YOU DON'T WANT IN THE ENVIRONEMTN?