Pycnoscelus surinamensis colony.

Very interesting. I'm looking for a suitable climber replacement for my E. javanica. Which would be a pet/tarantula feeder. So far I'm toying between P. australasiae, the bullet roach and the red headed roach. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matttoadman said:

Very interesting. I'm looking for a suitable climber replacement for my E. javanica. Which would be a pet/tarantula feeder. So far I'm toying between P. australasiae, the bullet roach and the red headed roach. 

Don't discount periplaneta americana they don't look like much, but they are rather bold as far as roaches go.

• 1 month later...

Well sadly Ive had to say good bye to my remaining Periplaneta colony, while I have now an actual permenant location to stay at and work near by the apartment management does not allow cockroaches, however Im sure I can have exotic roaches since they often don't look like the "pest" species. (Im already gathering the supplies in preperation) So now the remaining australasiae are now running free and hopefully liking their freedom again, though now they don't get regular meals and safe lodgings.

One day I will get Periplaneta again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tleilaxu said:

Well sadly Ive had to say good bye to my remaining Periplaneta colony, while I have now an actual permenant location to stay at and work near by the apartment management does not allow cockroaches, however Im sure I can have exotic roaches since they often don't look like the "pest" species. (Im already gathering the supplies in preperation) So now the remaining australasiae are now running free and hopefully liking their freedom again, though now they don't get regular meals and safe lodgings.

One day I will get Periplaneta again.

Sorry to hear that man, that's a bummer! :( Personally I would have tried bringing them in without the management knowing, as it's unlikely they'd find out about them if you kept them hidden enough... 

Oh well, hope you can at least get some of the less "roachy" looking Blattodeans! :)

20 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

Sorry to hear that man, that's a bummer! :( Personally I would have tried bringing them in without the management knowing, as it's unlikely they'd find out about them if you kept them hidden enough... 

Oh well, hope you can at least get some of the less "roachy" looking Blattodeans! :)

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 5:37 PM, Tleilaxu said:

It's up to you to keep Periplaneta species now. @Hisserdude

Haha, maybe one day! ;) For now though, I am trying to get rid of a few species due to space constraints...