Well guys no more pics from me.

Tleilaxu

Due to the exceedingly small, stingy, and inconveniently small, did I also mention, small, size limit, and storage space, I can no longer post any pictures, which is unfortunate, especially since picture threads are more fun than text. (And I have baby roaches on the way...

@Peter Clausen @Allpet Roaches

This really needs to be addressed in some way, especially for mobile users, such as myself...

I wish all the pictures could be hosted here more than anyone, but the web hosting company charges insane amounts of money for what little storage we currently have. Members currently have to link to other picture hosting sites. This works well except when the post gets old and the links no longer work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Allpet Roaches said:

I wish all the pictures could be hosted here more than anyone, but the web hosting company charges insane amounts of money for what little storage we currently have. Members currently have to link to other picture hosting sites. This works well except when the post gets old and the links no longer work.

Out of curiosity, what about raising the forum supporter price, I'd be willing to chip in extra, I'm sure a few others would be as well.

Just how bad is it? Are you located in one of those areas where a single company is King? In Prescott there is a similar situation and they even have the nerve to impose data caps on internet usage, since they are the only company "allowed" in the area.

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:39 PM, Tleilaxu said:

Out of curiosity, what about raising the forum supporter price, I'd be willing to chip in extra, I'm sure a few others would be as well.

Just how bad is it? Are you located in one of those areas where a single company is King? In Prescott there is a similar situation and they even have the nerve to impose data caps on internet usage, since they are the only company "allowed" in the area.

So a hosting company is a company that owns the server that all of the data/images/posts of this website is stored on. They typically charge in 2 ways the amount of traffic a site receives and storage on the physical server. Personally I think roachforum could model itself after arachnoboards they make decent money I heard they used to even run in real life conventions. I think running a free forum is very noble but its a service and we are accustomed to paying for our services. A good example is how arachnoboards charges to use the classifieds if you haven't posted any comments in x number of days. It forces people to engage in conversation or pay for the privilege of posting an ad. Just a thought although I will admit I only post one or two classifieds ads a year over there for that reason. I want to see this forum as big as the tarantula forums one day that would be great. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I post my pics on Facebook, then either save the Facebook resided pic and use it or take a screen shot of it and crop. Works most of the time.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Imgur works well too. Unless you manually delete the images, they stay up and available infinitely.

Just to chime in... I also would be willing to pay for forum access. Maybe do a tiered thing where free accounts can access any posts and create X number of posts per month, but no photos. Higher paid tier for unlimited posts and (small) pix? And I'd be happy to pay extra for posting ads. :D