Greetings

JayAdams

Another new person dropping a hello. I'm glad to be here and looking forward to chatting with other people with the same interests.

I've been keeping Tarantulas, scorpions, beetles, centipedes and other inverts for a few years. My fascination for roaches sprung up as my revulsion for B. dubia began to fade after keeping colonies of them as feeders.

The more reading and research I do on the humble cockroach, the more my interests grows. 

Looking forward to learning more from everyone here and maybe adding some pet roaches to my collection soon.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum, hope you'll enjoy it here! :) This hobby is quite addicting, I'm sure you'll get some of the "pet" species in no time! ;)

• Like 1

On 6/15/2017 at 6:48 PM, Hisserdude said:

Welcome to the forum, hope you'll enjoy it here! :) This hobby is quite addicting, I'm sure you'll get some of the "pet" species in no time! ;)

It definitely is addictive. As addictive as tarantulas. It's taken me a while to realize there was more to keeping roaches than a way to feed inverts and reptiles.

1 hour ago, JayAdams said:

It definitely is addictive. As addictive as tarantulas. It's taken me a while to realize there was more to keeping roaches than a way to feed inverts and reptiles.

Yeah, I'm hooked lol! Definitely, there are a LOT of good looking species out there, ones that certainly don't make good feeders! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well howdy, my Bluegrass brother! I love my roaches. After having a few different species now they make dubia boring. I'm in center of the state. Maybe we'll have to do some trading after you get some.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matttoadman said:

Well howdy, my Bluegrass brother! I love my roaches. After having a few different species now they make dubia boring. I'm in center of the state. Maybe we'll have to do some trading after you get some.

I'm in the northern part, between Louisville and Cincinnati. At least I know I'm not the only roach lover in the state!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Blaberus Craniifer said:

I'm a little late but welcome to the forum! You'll be hooked on the fascinating world of roaches in no time =)

Thanks and I'm sure I will be