Male, female or it?

So male, female, it? @Hisserdude

IMG_20170618_224410.jpg

IMG_20170618_224640.jpg

Caught this rather large nymph, and figured it would be hypocrisy not to keep one or two americana, and since now the Australian roaches out number the US roaches, peace should be maintained.

Edited by Tleilaxu
  • Like 1

IMO, it looks male, the pictures are quite blurry though, and it's a nymph which makes sexing harder, so I'm not 100% sure. If I had to guess though, I'd say male.

• Like 1

I can still let it go, if I keep it, it's not gonna try and bang everything in sight will it? Looking at it closer, it does have those two extra things on it's butt.

I don't want hybrids nor do I want to risk a desperate male trying to mate with teneral females.

Well I let it loose, no sense in risking it.

Edited by Tleilaxu

3 hours ago, Tleilaxu said:

I can still let it go, if I keep it, it's not gonna try and bang everything in sight will it? Looking at it closer, it does have those two extra things on it's butt.

I don't want hybrids nor do I want to risk a desperate male trying to mate with teneral females.

Well I let it loose, no sense in risking it.

I don't think it would really try to mate with anything but a female P.americana, and I highly doubt that species can hybridize with P.australasiae, since they are found together in the "wild".